• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best place to buy/acquire adventure games?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-06

PM

Hi all

Obviously the store or steam is a great resource but how would I go about buy a game such as Black Mirror? Ive heard its a gem Smile

I dont live stateside so dont have as much access to games as the americans do

Thanks
Chumley Innocent

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just got Black Mirror 2 and 3 at half-price books, they look fabulous.

I would recommend Amazon.com or simply download them from the adventure shop.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Mikekelly - 06 August 2013 10:52 PM

I would recommend Amazon.com ...

You can only buy games at Amazon.com if you live in the USA.

Best places to buy adventure games for download is IMO: GOG, The Adventure Shop, Steam and sometimes Gamesgate. Note that the Adventure Shop has both a US and EU version and the US version is actually cheaper, but has a few less games.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Iznogood - 06 August 2013 11:18 PM

If we’re talking physical products, Amazon.com ships outside the US if it’s mentioned on the specific product.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Best places to buy adventure games for download is IMO: GOG, The Adventure Shop, Steam and sometimes Gamesgate. Note that the Adventure Shop has both a US and EU version and the US version is actually cheaper, but has a few less games.

These are the places where I buy games.

Also, sometimes
Big Fish Games
Green Man Gaming
Desura

One should also keep their eyes peeled for the different bundle sales. Indie Gala, Indie Royale, Humble Bundle etc. They often include a few adventures.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Well, Amazon does have a UK shop and a German shop:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/

http://www.amazon.de/

So maybe Amazon has a shop for his country or can use one of the UK, US or German shoops

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 August 2013 12:08 AM

If we’re talking physical products, Amazon.com ships outside the US if it’s mentioned on the specific product.

You can buy digital products in amazon.com but you have to put a fake US address, but it works.

Amazon.co.uk also has a digital games store now but the selection is short so far

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

There’s some sort of regional restriction with the first Black Mirror, you can’t buy it outside certain countries. Gamersgate has it, for example, but you can only buy it from North America.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Gonchi - 07 August 2013 02:04 PM

There’s some sort of regional restriction with the first Black Mirror, you can’t buy it outside certain countries. Gamersgate has it, for example, but you can only buy it from North America.

Yeah, it was offered in that void slot thing to other countries too but the whole thing is scrapped now, at least in most places. Would have played it if I had known it was going to be available just for half a year or something like that.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

millenia - 07 August 2013 02:18 PM
Gonchi - 07 August 2013 02:04 PM

Yeah, it was offered in that void slot thing to other countries too but the whole thing is scrapped now, at least in most places. Would have played it if I had known it was going to be available just for half a year or something like that.

Trying to think if it’s available somewhere else, but I don’t recall actually seeing the game sold anywhere.

Pretty easy to find on eBay, at least.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You can only buy games from Amazon.com if you live in the USA

Well, for example - Amazon does have a UK shop and a German shop:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/

http://www.amazon.de/

I checked with Amazon.com and they said they have stores in the following countries:

Brazil Canada China France Germany India Italy Japan Spain United Kingdom

So odds are good that Amazon has a shop for his country.

Finally, I’ve bought LOTS of adventure games from EBAY - I’ve always gotten the game and got it promply. I buy games from other countries this way often.

Neutral

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The best place to buy an adventure game is directly from its developer (if they offer such a service) as this means (a little) more of the money will go to the people actually responsible for the making of the game. Otherwise, as mentioned earlier, Adventure Shop and GOG are great webshops which deserves to be supported aswell.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 07 August 2013 06:53 PM

The best place to buy an adventure game is directly from its developer (if they offer such a service) as this means (a little) more of the money will go to the people actually responsible for the making of the game…

Yeah, whenever it is possible I also try to buy directly from the developers.

Mikekelly - 07 August 2013 06:33 PM

I checked with Amazon.com and they said they have stores in the following countries:

Brazil Canada China France Germany India Italy Japan Spain United Kingdom

So odds are good that Amazon has a shop for his country.

wilco - 07 August 2013 06:56 AM

Amazon.co.uk also has a digital games store now but the selection is short so far

As wilco said, so far it is really only the US Amazon that has a catalogue of AG that makes it worth it, but that can of course change in the future.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top