• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which adventures would you like to see fan-translated?

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-03-28

PM

I was browsing recently the old German site http://www.adventure-archiv.com and I realized that are more than 300 adventure games that were never released in English! So, which of them would you like to see fan-translated? Single games only not whole series, please.

Here’s my list, in no specific order:

Mortadelo & Filemon 5 - Operation Moscow
Petka 3 - The Return Of Alaska
Galador - The Prince And The Coward
Pilot Brothers 3 - The Other Side of the Earth
Black Sails - The Ghost Ship
A Stroke Of Fate 2 - Operation Bunker
Sunrise - The Game
Monday Begins on Saturday
Julia - Innocent Eyes
Night Watcher
Vandell - Knight of the Tortured Souls
The Bad, the Ugly and the Sober (a.k.a. West Law)
Mama Don’t Cry

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Black Sails. I liked the look of it when it came out and was disappointed to never see a release in English.

Have not heard of most of the others.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

1 1/2 Knights, probably the only instance where a game is better than the movie. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I vote for Mortadelo & Filemon 5 - Operation Moscow, I would definitely have loved to see a fan translation of that Smile

I’ve been in contact with the development team, and they say it’s extremely unlikely that they would ever do an English translation themselves due to copyright issues etc. I love the graphics of the Mortadelo & Filemon series, and they’re games I’ve been wanting to play for years, so a fan translation would be highly appreciated!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I would like to see Full Pipe as well, with English voice acting .

but aside from this thread main point which is to translate games that never released by other languages than its native one, i want to see some kind of an evolution for voicing 1000s of English AGS and Adventures came out with text only.

i know its a hard and difficult job as we must consider that when Devs release their Games/products they actually never look back on it again and that a fact with any kind of art ,thy wanna call it a project and move on , (expect for vohaul’s revenge) ,
but what if there is a publishing Indie company that its only job to work on recording voice overs and re-release those AGS and adventures again fully Voiced.

that job would not need a headquarter it could be done online , all is needed is a Studio with a Sound engineer and volunteers all around the world to send their recordings however Quality they will and it is up to the studio and the S.Eng to work on them to adjust and Normalize all , so they would sound as they were taken at the same room and under the same surrounding with same levels.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d be happy if all those games just had subtitles in English.
The voices can remain in the original language.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 03 August 2013 10:42 AM

I’d be happy if all those games just had subtitles in English.
The voices can remain in the original language.

is that just an opposite opinion than mine ... Tongue Tongue

long time i havent picked on you Sir Smile))

P.S:‘Sir’ here is also meant for picking on you frankly ,timo Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 03 August 2013 11:01 AM

Yes. But mine is more cost-efficient… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 03 August 2013 11:48 AM

Aahhh , i did not know its you sponsoring this idea

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

TimovieMan - 03 August 2013 11:48 AM

Unfortunately I fear it isn’t very profit-efficient. Yoomurjak’s Ring and Conspiracies did it, both very good games, and we barely hear about them.

I think a lot of sites simply refuse to review non-English spoken games, and many gamers refuse to play them.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

The expectation of games to be fully voiced was as detrimental to adventure games as it was to RPGs; to keep costs down, all the interesting text tended to reduced to fewer descriptions and shorter conversations.  And usually with atrocious voice-acting.

Given the low-budget nature of the genre, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a single adventure game voice-over between Dreamfall and Gemini Rue (though with things like Walking Dead, Virtue’s Last Reward, the new Larry etc there’s been quite a few good ones recently). 

I still want Memento Mori 2 and don’t really care if they get it voiced or not.  I just want to plaaaaay iiiiiit.

Zifnab - 03 August 2013 12:02 PM

I think a lot of sites simply refuse to review non-English spoken games, and many gamers refuse to play them.

There’s plenty of Japanese ones that get praise (Ever-17 being one of the best).  FMV games are the worst candidates for non-English games (Conspiracies did have English voice-overs anyway?).

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

OneFlesh - 03 August 2013 01:38 PM
Zifnab - 03 August 2013 12:02 PM

There’s plenty of Japanese ones that get praise (Ever-17 being one of the best).  FMV games are the worst candidates for non-English games (Conspiracies did have English voice-overs anyway?).

Yes well, Palme d’Or winning films get praise but they don’t make much money. You’d be surprised how many people won’t watch foreign films. I can tell you if Monkey Island 3 was in Spanish with English subs, it certainly wouldn’t be one of the most popular and most loved AGs it is today.

All I know is the games and companies not doing full English acting (not just voiceovers) have tended to disappear. I don’t want that, I want them doing more games because I like what I’ve played. But at the same time I’m with you, I am very happy with just subtitles.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Zifnab - 03 August 2013 01:46 PM

Yes well, Palme d’Or winning films get praise but they don’t make much money. You’d be surprised how many people won’t watch foreign films. I can tell you if Monkey Island 3 was in Spanish with English subs, it certainly wouldn’t be one of the most popular and most loved AGs it is today.

Yeah, I can agree with you that it can definitely hurt the selling potential - Fester Mudd’s a good example of something that got a lot of flack for not having it.  But a lot of it depends on the platform - Ace Attorney did very well despite not having any voices and being very text heavy.

It costs a LOT to have a really good voice-over and a terrible one makes the game come across even worse than if it was text only.  The few games that genuinely benefit from voiceovers are the ones with the budget to do it well (King’s Quest V is certainly a lot better without Crazy )

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Would love to see Ace Attorney Investigations 2 translated into English since there’s no chance for localisation now, being a DS game. Perhaps Capcom will decide to bring it over to our shores for iOS and Android

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-03-28

PM

I’ve added links to screenshots for those who haven’t even heard of those games.

Mortadelo & Filemon 5 - Operation Moscow   screenshots
Petka 3 - The Return Of Alaska   screenshots
Galador - The Prince And The Coward   screenshots
Pilot Brothers 3 - The Other Side of the Earth   screenshots
Black Sails - The Ghost Ship   screenshots
A Stroke Of Fate 2 - Operation Bunker   screenshots
Sunrise - The Game   screenshots
Monday Begins on Saturday   screenshots
Julia - Innocent Eyes   screenshots
Night Watcher   screenshots
Vandell - Knight of the Tortured Souls   screenshots
The Bad, the Ugly and the Sober (a.k.a. West Law)  screenshots
Mama Don’t Cry   screenshots

Come on guys, I’m still waiting for YOUR list with games you’d like to see fan-translated.
There are literally hundreds of adventure games out there, without even counting the Japanese visual novel adventures.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The only game i want to be translated, was once in development for DS, still no
news, what the hell Suda51 is thinking is beyond me…..

This game had better writing and story than Flower,Sun and Rain still…..

It had first person segments to explore and solve puzzles, combined with great
art and music by Takada( NoMoreHeoes, DanganRonpa and Killer7).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top