• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Walking Dead

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Among the stack of PC games I drug home from Half-Price books was a limited edition of “The Walking Dead”

I did ask the clerk there about PC games and he said that “Viva Media” became the number one publisher of PC adventure games in North America after DreamCather’s The Adventure Company stopped publishing them.

Anyway, “The Walking Dead” was amazing - it is the best adventure game I’ve played this year.

It has sold millions of copies too - and it deserves every sale.

The quick-time events blew big time and the puzzles were simple—but I finished it!

The ending tipped it for me - best in any adventure game I’ve ever played.

I don’t have 400 days yet - I might get the PC Version or VITA version—I have not made up my mind on that one.

Last thing, for a very recent PC game it ran like a dream on my netbook.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I usually don’t care for QTE gameplay, but TWD is so well written, that I managed to ignore the distaste I got for the mechanics and just enjoy the game.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-04-20

PM

I played it earlier this year, all 5 episodes. The puzzles & QTE’s are pretty easy, and most of the choices don’t have massive effects in the long run. But it’s all about experiencing the story really, in that respect it’s brilliant, the rest is a small bonus.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I HATED the QTE gameplay, period. Several times I gave up on the game after being eaten by Zombies a hundred times.

I’m certain on a PS3 with a hand controller the QTE sections would be fun and easy - but on a netbook they were agony. I hear they got the concept of the QTE gameplay from a PS3 adventure game called “Heavy Rain” - which has also won awards and sold millions of copies.

Since I bought the disk with all 5 episodes on it I had to just soldier on. Finally, I got to the end and watched the credits roll.

The regular parts of the game (puzzles, exploration, character interaction, story) I loved - wonderful stuff—best I’ve ever seen in an adventure game.

So - overall I’m really happy with my purchase - but future sales maybe on my VITA to make the QTE sections easier to play.

I don’t know how they are going to top this game with season two - but the bar for adventure games has been set.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-04-20

PM

Yeah the QTE’s are a bit like marmite, i didn’t like them much in tomb Raider (2013) either, but some are okay, just don’t want them shoved down my throat. I won’t be buying it straight away, as they release them one at a time over a period of months. I’ll just wait until they bring out the GOTY edition with all episodes in it Smile

There is a new Walking Dead episode out ATM called TWD: 400 days, which has some new characters in it & supposed to be plugging the gap for when series 2 comes out. Worth a look. I’m tempted myself   Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Niko - 01 August 2013 03:04 PM

There is a new Walking Dead episode out ATM called TWD: 400 days, which has some new characters in it & supposed to be plugging the gap for when series 2 comes out. Worth a look. I’m tempted myself   Heart Eyes

Don’t get too excited. What made TWD a great game was the growing feelings and emotions you develop towards its characters (Lee, Clem, Kenny, etc) through the episodes. In 400 days there are some short stories where you take decisions mostly instictively, but they are too short stories for any kind of emotion to develop. Just making choices and not feeling good/bad of any kind of concequences on the characters makes it a much worse game IMO. If I would rate TWD it would have been around 8.5/10, but 400 days is more like a 6.5/10 in my books…

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea, the good thing about 400 days is that the cost is $4.99 - The VITA release of season one has it included as an additional chapter.

I can think of many ways I would have rather done that episode than the way they did it.

The great thing about TWD was the characters and it took a few episodes for that to matter.

Many may just skip 400 days and buy the season two complete DVD release.

Still, TWD Season 1 is an amazing experience, one I won’t forget anytime soon.

Heart Eyes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top