• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Decipher the Anagram!

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Well I’ve invented a new game which can pretty much avoid cheating by googling. Simply rearrange the anagram. It can be a game title, character or anything in adventure games. When using anagram makers, choose anagrams that don’t revert straight back to the title.

I’ll start. Smile

Game Title:

Anathematised Rednecks (clue: 4 words)

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

zobraks - 30 July 2013 10:56 AM

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Very well solved zobraks! Your turn.  Smile

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Try this:

Many Dock Heroes Feel Tints

P.S. Excuse my English.
P.P.S. No hints yet.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

The Secret of Monkey Island? (Thought I’d get my guess in first, then check it.)

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Mister Ed - 30 July 2013 03:46 PM

The Secret of Monkey Island?

Sure. The winner is you. Thumbs Up

Mister Ed - 30 July 2013 03:46 PM

(Thought I’d get my guess in first, then check it.)

Great tactics.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ooh, nice thread idea! Thumbs Up

I’ll be adding this to our threads for fun!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

OK, here’s mine.

Tricky flames end on house.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Secret of Monkey Island? (Part 2)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Curse of Monkey Island ?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

TimovieMan - 30 July 2013 08:45 PM

The Curse of Monkey Island ?

Correct! (Sorry for the closeness to the last one. I came up with it as soon as I saw the thread, and didn’t want to conjure up another one.)

Also, sorry it took so long to confirm your answer. I was off all last night.

It seems like, for this thread, it will almost always be possible for the guesser to know that they are right even if they don’t get confirmation. Maybe we don’t have to wait for confirmation to post the next one if we are sure?

EDIT: quoted the correct answer for clarity.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Mister Ed - 31 July 2013 11:09 AM

Correct!

Who got it?

Maybe we don’t have to wait for confirmation to post the next one if we are sure?

Sure, I shuffled the letters and saw Monte Vimia had got it, but he couldn’t figure it out (hence the question mark after the correct answer).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

zobraks - 31 July 2013 11:25 AM

Monte Vimia

Lol, good one Laughing TimovieMan’s turn then.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It seems like, for this thread, it will almost always be possible for the guesser to know that they are right even if they don’t get confirmation. Maybe we don’t have to wait for confirmation to post the next one if we are sure?

Meh, wouldn’t want the thread to either succumb to anarchy or simply move too fast… Tongue

zobraks - 31 July 2013 11:25 AM

Sure, I shuffled the letters and saw Monte Vimia had got it, but he couldn’t figure it out (hence the question mark after the correct answer).

Hey, you never know there are two different adventure games out there with exactly the same letters (just in another order)... Wink Innocent

Next one:

Detect Fatal Honey

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hehe, nice one. Day of the Tentacle

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Right you are. Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top