• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

EASY ADVETURE GAME(S) ?

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-07-26

PM

looking for an adventure game where the puzzles aren’t too hard, casual, etc. thanks

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

What adventure games have you played so far , and what do you like? (I mean funny, serious, 2d, 3d, that stuff Crazy )
Maybe:
Monkey island 3, you can select dificulty level (without all the puzzles, you’ll still have loads of fun)
Gabriel Knight 2 is really puzzle light, but it’s FMV (I don’t know if you like ‘em or not)
Syberia 1 and 2 is not hard either
Broken sword series (Broken sword 2 is easy and BS 3 too (if you don’t hate pushing crates around! Smile )

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-08-19

PM

Hi! You should try The Book of Unwritten Tales or Black Mirror II, those were the first adventure games I completed without going to a walkthrough! Miracle! The first has a great and funny fantasy setting and it’s very easy. Black Mirror II packs a non-fantasy darker story but I really liked it and can easily recommend it for someone who wants an easy but pleasant experience!

I got so motivated that I wanted to try an harder experience without checking walkthroughs, and let’s just say it didn’t end well Tongue

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Hm, Book of Unwritten Tales, The Raven and Blackwell Deception are great games that offer casual, relaxed puzzlesolving in my opinion. They’re also a great introduction to the genre, I feel.

Despite that, I consulted a walkthrough for BoUT once. Though, it’s weird, in hindsight the puzzle in question I got stuck on doesn’t seem so hard anymore. Sometimes I’m not so sure if it’s the difficulty of a puzzle that pushes me to a walkthrough or if it’s just plain impatience, because I want to see more of the story immediately, like now NOW NOW!!!
Ahem…
Deponia seems to me to be a much more difficult game than the three I previously mentioned, yet I solved it without a single peek into a walkthrough.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Not just Blackwell Deception. I’d recommend the whole series starting with Legacy. It’s also the shortest and easiest of the bunch. The game series grows more complex with the story and the puzzles later on so if one really wants it easy, the publishing order will ease you into the game the best way - in my opinion at least.

I found Memento Mori very easy and smooth to play, but still an interesting and immersive game.

Black Mirror 2 & 3 are rather easy too but they do have a couple of tougher puzzles, but nothing an adventure veteran couldn’t solve without a walkthrough. The third game starts of immediately from where the second ends, so they are basically just one long game cut in two. Personally I would recommend playing all the Black Mirror games in order though, but the first one is considerably harder and it is not necessary for the sequels. The only downside with playing 2&3 first is that they will give spoilers for the first game.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

millenia - 26 July 2013 01:36 PM

Not just Blackwell Deception. I’d recommend the whole series starting with Legacy. It’s also the shortest and easiest of the bunch. The game series grows more complex with the story and the puzzles later on so if one really wants it easy, the publishing order will ease you into the game the best way - in my opinion at least.

And this^ Smile
I also enjoyed the Blackwell series.

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Yes, it depends if you like 3rd person or 1st person games.. or humerous or more detective.  I thought The lost horizon was fairly easy and lots of fun and also Book of Unwritten Tales was loads of fun, and not too hard.  I thought the Syberia games were awfully hard and not very fun, so for me, I wouldn’t recommend them.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2013-05-30

PM

Gemini Rue, wonderful story and the puzzles never got in the way of enjoying the story.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Pretty much anything by Telltale can be completed by closing one’s eyes and randomly clicking the mouse button over and over again.  Definitely check those out.  Wink

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lambonius - 26 July 2013 04:38 PM

Pretty much anything by Telltale can be completed by closing one’s eyes and randomly clicking the mouse button over and over again.

If you managed to finish The Tales of MI, or Sam&Max;, or Bone, or pretty much anything from Telltale (TWD excepted) that way, then you are probably a wizard.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Sefir - 26 July 2013 04:59 PM
Lambonius - 26 July 2013 04:38 PM

Pretty much anything by Telltale can be completed by closing one’s eyes and randomly clicking the mouse button over and over again.

If you managed to finish The Tales of MI, or Sam&Max;, or Bone, or pretty much anything from Telltale (TWD excepted) that way, then you are probably a wizard.

Well just call me Raistlin,  because I did that very feat!

Bt

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Go to BigFishGames.com and grab any of the Puppetshow games. Some of the puzzles are quite hard. But it is an easy entry into the world of adventure gaming.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2006-01-29

PM

The first Phantasmagoria is pretty easy.  You can get it at gog.com

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Blackthorne - 26 July 2013 05:17 PM

Bt

Nah…I prefer to call you Tasslehof (always exaggerating Smile ).

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Sefir - 27 July 2013 11:04 AM
Blackthorne - 26 July 2013 05:17 PM

Bt

Nah…I prefer to call you Tasslehof (always exaggerating Smile ).

Touche!!!

Bt

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Games where no walk-through is required. Art if Murder, NCIS and Chronicles of Mystery should be on your list. Syberia 1 and 2 as well.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top