• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyCaliMonkGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name that Inventory!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 16 July 2013 12:15 PM

I am disappointed Izno really , i did my Google Theory and i got the White Chamber as the 1st result but then , i thought naaah!  Iznogood will kinda try double jeopardizing the Quiz or something.

Well in retrospect i probably should have, but i didn’t think that far , i guess i’m not really that sneaky or smart.

But it is an idea for the future of this thread, using alternative descriptions to make it more difficult to google.

Edit:

Zifnab - 15 July 2013 03:01 AM

You can search for quotes and images too, we should trust our friends don’t.  Innocent

tsa - 15 July 2013 04:04 AM

If you google it’s no fun anymore. It has to come from your brain!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 16 July 2013 12:19 PM

The navigator’s head in The Secret Of Monkey Island?

Forgot about that, but also the Severed Head in TWC, has a more severed feeling to it, with blood and everything. Also there was the remaining body parts, which i would have added later, if not guessed.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Do you have to be Frankenstein in that game or something like that? Or is it just fun to walk around with all those body parts? They are heavy you know Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yes you do have to do a Frankenstein and build a body, and the body part are all from different people Smile
It never comes to live though Frown

Edit: Added spoiler tags

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Yes, it had also occurred to me to change the inventory wordings. I’ve updated my OP. It now says

“Name and limit a list to just 2 or 3 inventory items that will allow us to identify a specific game.

**(IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to google, it’s easy to find the solutions. To make it challenging, please try and alter inventory wordings slightly then check if google brings up the answer. Example: instead of the original list I’ve left below, writing ‘walkthrough red cork, snake hide, hard to read sheet of paper’ and then googling wouldn’t bring up return to mysterious island II, which was the solution to my opening quiz question.) **  “

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Roman5 - 16 July 2013 04:38 PM

Example: instead of the original list I’ve left below, writing ‘walkthrough red cork, snake hide, hard to read sheet of paper’ and then googling wouldn’t bring up return to mysterious island II, which was the solution to my opening quiz question.) **  “

so i made A problem and gave a solution , sounds like the freemasons theory to my ears ; PROBLEM, REACTION , SOLUTION ... looooooooooooooooooool

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Someone (anyone) should try to test us using this method.

Roman5 - 16 July 2013 04:38 PM

**(IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to google, it’s easy to find the solutions. To make it challenging, please try and alter inventory wordings slightly then check if google brings up the answer. Example: instead of the original list I’ve left below, writing ‘walkthrough red cork, snake hide, hard to read sheet of paper’ and then googling wouldn’t bring up return to mysterious island II, which was the solution to my opening quiz question.) **  “

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 16 July 2013 07:46 PM

Someone (anyone) should try to test us using this method.

Iznogood - 16 July 2013 11:52 AM
Zifnab - 15 July 2013 08:52 PM

If I use your technique Iznogood I come up with “The White Chamber”, which I’ve never heard of.

Is this the point of the thread? Meh

It is the The White Chamber

Well you did guess the game, so it is your turn and you might as well try it yourself Smile

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I didn’t guess anything. I googled it (like you did for mine)  Wink

But okay let’s try this

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Okay here’s the next inventory item:

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Is it Full Throttle?

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

No

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Zifnab - 16 July 2013 10:54 PM

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst?

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Google tells me that the first picture is a “fuse”.

The Secret of Monkey Island has a giant piece of rope that gets used as a fuse, and it has breath mints.

Don’t recall a jacket, though. Unless you pick the response where Guybrush says he’s “selling these fine leather jackets”???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top