• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-07-11

PM

“Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly” is a new game being developed by indie developer Pigasus Games, where you not only play point-and-click adventure games, but get to create and share your own adventures, with no knowledge of game development required.

Screenshots:

The Intro Teaser:
(entirelly created with the Adventurezator itself, with the same tools the players will use to create their own cutscenes)

It’s now running a Kickstarter campaign: http://kck.st/13M3xG5

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

interesting!
I’m curious if your software doesn’t make the puzzles too generic and hence too easy, ‘out of the box’ thinking is typically what makes adventure games special.
Good luck with the kickstarter!

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-07-11

PM

Yeah there’s a lot of gray areas in the game, unlike normal point-and-click adventures, that will add a lot of uncertainty and variety to the puzzes.

You will need to get around an NPC’s schedule por exemple, an it’s not completely deterministic. Or you may explode a bomb somewhere, and the damage it does scales with distance. Where a rat will flee to when you get near it will be a bit random. In other words, you’ll be able to setup puzzles bases on timing or positioning precision, not just bases on black-and-white this-object-on-other-object interactions.

Tho you do have a point, and that has been my greatest objectable to overcome on this project, hence all these other changes that I have done to the standard point-and-click formula.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-07-18

PM

Hi!
First of all I would just like to say that I do not have any connections to the company making this game/game designer. I’m just posting about it here to help their Kickstarter campaign so we will be able to play it in the future Smile

What I’m talking about is Adventurezator which really is “an emergent adventure game about creating emergent adventure games” (all quotes is from their kickstarter page).

In Adventurezator you get the possibility to create your own point and click adventures from a set of easy to use, but still very dynamic and powerful, tools. The game of course also allows you to play other player’s games as well as the included scenarios. I recommend you to watch one of their videos if you’re interested about the game.

You find their Kickstarter page here: http://kck.st/13M3xG5

EDIT: I just realised there is already an article about Adventurezator hear on AG. But well.. I’l leave this topic here and if any admin want to delete it you can do it. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top