• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bracken Tor, will it ever come out?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-26

PM

Lucien21 - 30 October 2015 04:20 AM

Just in time for Halloween..

ZOMBIE THREAD

I thought news about this game warranted some resurrection Tongue

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Woodhouse - 30 October 2015 04:23 AM

ZOMBIE THREAD

Fooled me too! Smile

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Woodhouse - 30 October 2015 04:23 AM

ZOMBIE THREAD

LOL!

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

At this point I think it is unlikely that Bracken Tor will ever be released. I would be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong, though.Smile

The fall 2015 date has been on the website for awhile now with no signs of progress.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I believe. I know a lot of people are frustrated by the release dates always being pushed back, but I personally don’t mind so much. I have faith that he’ll release it someday, and it’ll be great.

I know Matt has been helping Jonathan Boakes on his games. In Jonathan’s blog, he mentions that Matt was a lot of help with the programming aspect. http://jonathanboakes.blogspot.com/2015/10/halloween-midnight-horror.html
I also know Matt has a job besides making games. He’s always been very kind to me, even when I’ve been an extreme fangirl. The lack of a new game is disappointing, but I believe he’s still working on it as much as he can and it will be awesome. The other thread about Asylum and kickstarter promises helped me appreciate that even though the release date keeps getting pushed back, we haven’t invested money into it that we feel we’ll never see again. As a side, I would gladly invest in a Kickstarter for Matt or Jonathan, because I know they really care about the games and stories they are trying to make, even if it takes a long time to come out.

Of course, this is all my opinion, just wanted to show my support.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

It’s not the waiting we mind so much, but the many broken promises. We’ve been waiting for two years for this prologue he announced would be released around Halloween 2013! And The Last Crown would come out just a bit later. Now we finally have the prologue and TLaC allegedly will be released this month or early next month. But since there is still no fixed release date and nothing even hinting to that in Jonathan’s blog we can be quite sure that the game will not be released this year.
I’m sorry but however much I look forward to Blackenrock I think it will still be quite some months before we will see it released.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

http://www.wychwoodhollow.com/

Is this a new website? It say 2018 at the bottom of the page but I can’t tell if Matt just updates that every year…

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

cyfoyjvx - 21 January 2018 12:27 AM

http://www.wychwoodhollow.com/

Is this a new website? It say 2018 at the bottom of the page but I can’t tell if Matt just updates that every year…

I think that site is 6 or 7 years old…
Yes, really.
Foot in mouth

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

The domain was registered almost exactly 7 years ago:

Domain:wychwoodhollow.com
Registrar:1&1 Internet SE
Registration Date:2011-01-26
Expiration Date:2018-01-26

And the first cache appears around 6 years ago on October 18th:
https://web.archive.org/web/20111018174322/www.wychwoodhollow.com/

Good estimate, Karlok!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

It’s disappointing to say I’m treating the pair of them as vaporware merchants until any of the number of games promised go gold.  I’m sure they both started with the best intentions but I’m just sick of waiting, almost to the point of abject apathy.  I hope I’m proved wrong.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

To be fair, we DID get Barrow Hill: The Dark Path. One game in 10 years, i’m not sure what more you all expect? Laughing

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

We also got Dark Fall 3 in 2009. And a demo or teaser or something for The Last Crown.

Problem is, for me at least, that my preferences and taste are changing. Ten years is too long, I’ve discovered exciting new adventure games.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Karlok - 31 January 2018 06:12 PM

Problem is, for me at least, that my preferences and taste are changing. Ten years is too long, I’ve discovered exciting new adventure games.

I agree, and this doesn’t only work with adventure games. 8 years ago I probably would’ve been very excited about the latest gruesome Asylum trailer. Today I don’t even like that kind of shock horror, I prefer something more subtle like Barrow Hill.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bracken Tor released, or Zobraks back on forum? Which will happen first?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 31 January 2018 06:28 PM

Bracken Tor released, or Zobraks back on forum? Which will happen first?

Diego! I thought you’d left us. This forum needs your sense of humor like the desert needs water.  Cool

Zobraks paid us a visit. I guess you missed it. More than one actually, he posted a couple of times.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top