• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bracken Tor, will it ever come out?

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

I really enjoyed Barrow Hill… seems this one has been worked on for years.  Anyone out there have any new info?

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Bracken Tor

Now you know as much as we do.

Previous “When is Bracken Tor Coming out” Thread

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Alrighty.  Any news on the Last Crown then?  The webpage has the last update showing December 2012…

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Boakes had last said around Halloween of this year.  I hope so.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Bonsai - 07 July 2013 10:26 PM

Bracken Tor

Now you know as much as we do.

Only if knowing nothing is knowing anything at all.

Fact is, he has been evasive from the start and any information he gives us is practically useless.

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

darthmaul - 07 July 2013 09:53 PM

Bracken Tor, will it ever come out?

Of course it will.
It’s still far from the record.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth playing Barrow Hill after having just played Lost Crown? Will I get a sufficiently different experience or is it much the same type of story? It’s even older, 2006. Graphics look ok though. I don’t mind nodal point games, but BH apparently doesn’t have 360 rotation.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Roman5 - 25 July 2013 08:30 AM

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth playing Barrow Hill after having just played Lost Crown?

No one can tell you whether you will enjoy it. I can only tell you it’s my favorite first-person horror game, above 7th Guest, Blackstone Chronicles, Shivers, Scratches, Dark Fall, Amber, Rhiannon and LHOD. Being above such distinguished company should tell you something!

I also am led to believe Boakes and Clark share similar research techniques, visiting towns and using historical data for their games. So if you enjoyed that aspect of TLC you will enjoy Barrow Hill.

About the nodes, I prefer static slides over the 360 degree movement which gives me motion sickness (but I tolerate). They are quicker to navigate as well.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Thanks Zifnab. I’ll get Barrow Hill then. Just started Face Noir, so after that, I’ll start it. Is Barrow Hill more difficult, puzzlewise? I found Lost Crown just the right difficulty for me, the proof being that I never had to use the walkthrough. Having said that, I’m still up for more challenging brainteasers.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Roman5 - 25 July 2013 09:57 AM

Thanks Zifnab. I’ll get Barrow Hill then. Just started Face Noir, so after that, I’ll start it. Is Barrow Hill more difficult, puzzlewise? I found Lost Crown just the right difficulty for me, the proof being that I never had to use the walkthrough. Having said that, I’m still up for more challenging brainteasers.

If you can locate a copy (I got mine from Amazon UK) then the Adventures In Terror British Horror Collection will give you Barrow Hill, Dark Fall The Journal and Dark Fall Lights Out. I think I paid around £18 for mine.

Edited to add that you can get it on Amazon, Play.com or ebay for less than £5 now.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth playing Barrow Hill after having just played Lost Crown? Will I get a sufficiently different experience or is it much the same type of story? It’s even older, 2006. Graphics look ok though. I don’t mind nodal point games, but BH apparently doesn’t have 360 rotation.

While I absolutely adore The Lost Crown, I was disappointed with Barrow Hill. The story was neither scary nor mysterious IMO, however a lot of people seem to like it, so you may give it a try, you will definitely get a different experience than from TLC. As for Dark Fall games (1 and 2, to be precise, the 3rd one was too morbid for my taste, so I never finished it) they are good games, something in between TLC and BH, you should def. play them at some point if you haven’t already.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Cheshire Cat - 25 July 2013 02:07 PM

While I absolutely adore The Lost Crown, I was disappointed with Barrow Hill. The story was neither scary nor mysterious IMO, however a lot of people seem to like it, so you may give it a try, you will definitely get a different experience than from TLC. As for Dark Fall games (1 and 2, to be precise, the 3rd one was too morbid for my taste, so I never finished it) they are good games, something in between TLC and BH, you should def. play them at some point if you haven’t already.

I started Darkfall, the first one, years ago, but never got properly stuck into it. Still have it installed along with a save game or two on my desktop pc. I imagine Darkfall would be similar to lost crown, only in first person node point style?

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Roman5 - 25 July 2013 04:52 PM
Cheshire Cat - 25 July 2013 02:07 PM

I started Darkfall, the first one, years ago, but never got properly stuck into it. Still have it installed along with a save game or two on my desktop pc. I imagine Darkfall would be similar to lost crown, only in first person node point style?

Well, when I mentioned Dark Fall games being in between TLC and BH I was referring more to the story and the general feel of the games and how much I enjoyed them. Both Dark Falls feature ghosts and ghost-hunting gadgets and some characters from TLC are mentioned and appear in them and that’s where the similarities end. I’d say that Dark Fall 1 is somewhat similar to Scratches, while Dark Fall 2 has some of The Lost Crown’s atmosphere. And yes, both of them are first person, solitary exploration, node point style games.
Btw. I remember I didn’t like Dark Fall 1 at first as well, dropped it not very far from the beginning, but after playing TLC I decided to give it another chance, because of the author, and ended up enjoying it.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Cheshire Cat - 26 July 2013 02:39 PM

Btw. I remember I didn’t like Dark Fall 1 at first as well, dropped it not very far from the beginning, but after playing TLC I decided to give it another chance, because of the author, and ended up enjoying it.

Yeah, I think I’ll restart Darkfall, I suspect I’ll feel the same as you now that I’ve played TLC.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-26

PM

From the official website:

“Production on Bracken Tor : The Time of Tooth and Claw continues with a release planned From Fall 2015”

Dun dun dunnnn

Could it be, that the game is being released exactly (or near to) the 4-year mark after the original planned release date of the 31st october of 2011?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Just in time for Halloween..

ZOMBIE THREAD

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top