• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Game Set on a Spaceship? 

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2008-07-19

PM

Hi everyone!

I just finished Gemini Rue and was a bit disappointed in the end (don’t take me wrong, overall very good game) because I expected I’d pass a little more throughout the interior and in general mess around with the craft in the game.
I realized, I am a great fan of spaceships. However, to my experience there aren’t many such games, or at least I haven’t played them.

Aside from portions (and only portions) of the Space Quest series, is there a game which in a bit more detail delves into the interior of a spaceship? It does not have to specifically be an adventure game; that is also the reason why I was not sure where to post the thread; I liked a bit e.g. Faster-than-Light. However, it is understandable only mostly-adventuristic games can really captivate i.e. simulate life. I remembered very fondly Zak McKraken and the space shuttle. ;-)

I played not long ago 7 Days a Skeptic and was completely overwhelmed by the game; some of the latter and more gory parts were in my personal taste as good (most notably I didn’t realize it was a sequel and thus never played the original, which left a strange sensation of both disappointment and odd wonder caused by an even greater mystery on my part), but somehow I am under the impression that where the true strengths of the game lie is in an overall rather good and balanced simulation of a spaceship and life on it

So, any recommendations?  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Mission Critical
RAMA
Dark Side of the Moon
Gateway
Starship Titanic
Planetfall/Stationfall
Murder in Space
Sentient
Spaceship Warlock
Earthrise
ASA: A Space Adventure

Some of them are set on space-stations, but I assume any spaceship fan would also be a space-station fan as well Smile

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Oscar - 06 July 2013 10:30 PM

Sentient

Just playing Sentient - very interesting game, but with many technical flaws.

I will add Argo Adventure, Commander Blood and freeware The White Chamber with The Vacuum. Echo Night Beyond could be also for what are you looking.

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

stay tuned for STASIS Smile

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

‘Darkstar’ fits the bill.  Thinking about it, I can’t really think of any classics set in space, except the some of ‘Under A Killing Moon’.

‘The Orion Conspiracy’ is a very flawed game but it looks pretty nice and is set solely on a space-ship (and its no worse than most of the ones Oscar’s mentioned).

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

OneFlesh - 07 July 2013 04:53 AM

‘The Orion Conspiracy’ is a very flawed game but it looks pretty nice and is set solely on a space-ship (and its no worse than most of the ones Oscar’s mentioned).

Good one, forgot about that. I haven’t played it and I want to so I might put it up for a vote in the community playthrough thread.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Oscar - 07 July 2013 05:04 AM
OneFlesh - 07 July 2013 04:53 AM

Good one, forgot about that. I haven’t played it and I want to so I might put it up for a vote in the community playthrough thread.

Don’t! It is without doubt the most abysmal game I have ever played. Very repetative, lot’s of wandering identical corridors, loads of mindless, pointless, swearing, lousy interface and some pretty messy puzzles. The Mystery Of The Druids is equal to Grim Fandango by comparison.

Edited to add that it’s not based on a spaceship but on a research asteroid.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

A similar type game: The Immortals of Terra

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Stay tuned for Routine. It’s not on a spaceship, but it is however on an abandoned (or is it?) Moon base - and it looks amazing!

Joined 2008-07-19

PM

Thanks everyone for their suggestions!!! Will check ‘em out! :-)

Just to note a tad further, I’m specifically looking for a game which would in a fun and realistic or at least humorous way simulate the interior of a spacecraft, allowing me as a player to not only interact with other people aboard bu also manipulate the various systems or better said interact with them (gym, grove, medical quarters, entertainment quarters, etc…), of course with a visible outcome on the storyline i.e. the spacecraft as a whole.
I guess an Adventure game based off Danny Boyle’s Sunshine film would be perfect for such a hypothetical game?

I am a bit tired from playing games in which a man explores and abandoned ship/base/colony/station and (horror elements or not) explores slowly to reveal what happened there and solely piece up the complex story which usually includes the fate of previous (human or not) occupants. It can be very entertaining, but I really want to play something else - I want to be aboard a place that is alive, vibrant, full of characters with their own life stories and flaws; preferably be a crewmember myself.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

So basically… The Sims: Space Edition?

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Maybe the soon to be released, Consortium, though it’s not a traditional adventure game. But it should be highly interactive, and sounds almost like The Last Express in space due to the “mini sandbox” concept.

“Upon crossing the rift, you’ll find yourself aboard a Consortium command vessel, designated C-3800-D, “ZENLIL,” and in full control of a man codenamed Bishop Six. Zenlil is one of five such Consortium vessels, and is the ultimate in air superiority. A massive jumbo jet that’s powered by fusion batteries and capable of taking missions in orbit or even as far as the Artemis-1 Moon Colony.”

“As in Firefly’s “Serenity” or Star Trek’s “Enterprise,” CONSORTIUM‘S “ZENLIL” has a personality unto herself. Explore every section and freely interact with over a dozen crew members and other surprise guests”

http://corporate.interdimensionalgames.com/consortium/

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Both Sims Space Edition and Consortium sound awesome. Though I guess Sims might not be happening as most of its fanbase isn’t really scifi nerds. They made the Medieval version though and I quite liked it, Space spinoff would be brilliant.

Keeping my eye on Consortium too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 July 2013 10:00 PM

So basically… The Sims: Space Edition?

Not an adventure game, but Redshirt sounds like it’ll be similar.  Goofy space-sim-parody about social dynamics: http://www.redshirtgame.com/

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll have to try that one too Smile. Can I put my kids into a boarding school or something? Tongue

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2008-07-19

PM

Just been playing the 25th anniversary Star Trek; VERY good game. Got hooked up pretty quick but I’m stuck on a mission where I have to defeat two Elasi pirates in space and can simply not do it.
It’s driving me crazy; the space battles in that game more precisely (despite how incredibly awesome for they are and quite a surprising innovation).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top