• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - 400 days

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game is out this week/next week apparently on everything :

It’s a single episode DLC ($5) for Season one:

From the Telltale site:

“Centered on a truck stop on a Georgia highway, The Walking Dead – 400 Days is a DLC episode for Season One of Telltale’s award-winning game series. 400 Days tells five linked stories; each taking place at different points in time and from the point of view of a different survivor, from day one of the undead apocalypse to day 400.

The five stories can be played in any order and will change based on the choices that you make. Echoes of the choices you made in Season 1 will carry over into 400 Days and the choices you make in 400 Days will resonate into Season 2.”

Was not expecting it so soon. Really cool! Wednesday for me on Steam!

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

The other incredible thing is that if you bought The Walking Dead through Telltale’s website, this episode is free! Comes out tomorrow (Wednesday).

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I moved the posts about how to download the episode to the support forum. (Messed it up the first time, so apologies if anyone got an email notification with a broken link…)

I have played through the first three “stories” (they’re more like vignettes) - Bonnie, Vince, and Shel in that order. I’m liking it so far. It’s nice to be back in the Walking Dead universe and I really like these glimpses into new characters’ experiences. You don’t get any backstory but there’s enough info to fill in the blanks. It’s kind of experimental and I like seeing Telltale (or anyone) doing this kind of thing with interactive narrative.

The Shel story had a little bit of tie-in to Season One but not much. I suspect more of this will feed into Season Two than directly relating to Season One.

Can’t help but wonder what Clem’s up to, though. Frown

It took me about an hour to play the first three parts, I’m saving the rest for tonight.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmm.. only 5 bucks? okay i’ll bite…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished it. It’s smaller than an episode. Took me 2 hours.
It’s an interesting game, don’t want to spoil to much so:

Liked how it all came together in the end and how you played the episode impacted the ending in each character

In my playthrough Vince and Russell didn’t follow the woman. Russell was obvious why, bacause played extremely distrusting (in my defense, the guy in the hat was jerk…), but Vince I don’t quite know he chose to stay (it was funny to see at the end 80% shot the Wall Street guy), what impacted his choice?
Bonnie was a powerful story, and it was terrible to leave the friend behind in the Wyatt story after all the crazy dialogue…

I’m curious to see how it will tie to Season 2.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

In my playthrough Vince stayed behind and like Wilco, I’m not sure why. Also the stats seemed not to be working (PSN), everything was displaying as 50/50.

I noticed two references to Season One:

In Shel’s chapter, there’s a reference to Venon dying after he stole the boat from Lee’s group. Serves him right. Tongue

In Russell’s chapter, when the truck drove up I had him hide by the side of the road and he dove under Doug’s corpse. Frown I guess people who saved Carley would see her corpse there instead.

Anyone notice any others?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

fov - 03 July 2013 11:05 PM

In my playthrough Vince stayed behind and like Wilco, I’m not sure why. Also the stats seemed not to be working (PSN), everything was displaying as 50/50.

I noticed two references to Season One:

In Shel’s chapter, there’s a reference to Venon dying after he stole the boat from Lee’s group. Serves him right. Tongue

In Russell’s chapter, when the truck drove up I had him hide by the side of the road and he dove under Doug’s corpse. Frown I guess people who saved Carley would see her corpse there instead.

In the Shel one it’s more than that mention. The old woman and a couple of the others were in Episode 4 with Vernon

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

fov - 03 July 2013 11:05 PM

Good catch, I didn’t noticed it at all.Poor Carley… I only saw the ones in the big sister chapter.

Vince chapter is still the weirdest to me, I don’t see the point of that initial scene with hiding the gun in the trash or gutter and why the choices through the episode, it didn’t feel like morality conundrums, just random choices with characters I didn’t have time to relate to. (I’m probably missing the point)

The other stories felt stronger.

Now I’m guessing that safe zone is connected to Season 2 and judging by the time passed I think it may be connected to the same sort of happenings in the comic. Curious to see how the ending of this episode will relate to season 2.
Clem and Becca: Zombie Hunters!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top