• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Taxi Journey (KickStarter)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Woah, from nowhere, always expect to hear about games like these from this
site first but get news from other people Tongue

From the guys who did Evidence, Missing and RedJhonson’s Chronicles

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lexisgames/taxi-journey

TAXI JOURNEY is a cross between an adventure game and a platformer set in a universe that combines charm, humor and mystery.

Thanks to KickStarter, you can help us move on from the design phase to creating a real game for PCs and Macs. With your support, we could also develop Taxi Journey on Linux, android & iOS tablets, PSN and Xbox.

Behind TAXI JOURNEY lies a treasure trove of memories – the immense joy and pleasure we had playing games such as Limbo, Braid and Machinarium.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Beautiful artwork, the game looks amazing. Smile

I’m a bit pennyless at the moment but will try and back it soon.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Woah indeed! That does look very very nice and interesting! Smile

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

That looks absolutely stunning! Backing this for the phenomenal art direction alone.

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Looking great indeed!

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

This game looks cute. Reminds me a bit of “Limbo” but not as dark.
Wondering if we’re going to start seeing a genre of side scrolling adventure games?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lexisgames/taxi-journey-an-epic-odyssey

Click here to support the best independent developer mentioned in this signature footer:
http://www.shadesofsanity.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sword-Spirit-Software-LLC/346697060329

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Topic exists, i made it for their first KS
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2133/

Mods please merge.

Hope it gets funded now.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 17 September 2013 12:45 AM

Mods please merge.

Done!

Lexis Numérique often makes innovative games, and this one seems no different. Art style looks really good, too. I hope they get funded!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 512

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Can’t help thinking about Stan in Monkey Island when I watch the guy in the video desperately trying to convince us to back this project.Smile

I’ll probably back this game, although I think Lexis Numerique’s past games has been a bit too weird and “innovative” for their own good.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 17 September 2013 12:45 AM

Hope it gets funded now.

Me too, I backed the original kickstarter, and has now also backed the relaunch.
The goal of $130,000 is however so high that I think it is questionable if they will reach it.

Veovis - 17 September 2013 06:56 AM

Can’t help thinking about Stan in Monkey Island when I watch the guy in the video desperately trying to convince us to back this project.Smile

He He, its true that he doesn’t seem quite natural when selling this project to us.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

What are the improvements over the 1st campaign?

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

jaap - 17 September 2013 01:02 PM

What are the improvements over the 1st campaign?

I’m not sure, the game is the same.

I think the main point was that they felt that they wasn’t getting enough exposure with the first campaign, and has spend the time reaching out to the mainstream gaming media.

Edit:

As you know, we decided to postpone the 1st campaign because we believed too few people had heard of the game, even though those who had the opportunity to discover it gave us a tremendous feedback.

Two months later, we’re thrilled to announce you that we gained more than 17.000 fans.

The other good news is that we had two proposals from partners to fund a part of the game. With our own investment, we currently have about 100K$ for Taxi Journey. It won’t be enough to make the game and that’s why we’re launching this new campaign, but it’s a pretty good start Smile

We’re glad to announce you that Taxi Journey is back to Kickstarter Smile
We have worked really hard and made a new video with gameplay examples that will surprise you.

Today is a very special day for us: our official Facebook fanpage reached over 20.000 fans Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

I hope they’re going to make it. Although Taxi Journey has over 20,000 fb fans, only few of them are active. So it can be tough… I currently do not have much money, so I could probably pledge only 5 dollars max. I am checking every day. Hope there will be a big boost in the last few days.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

With 20k “fans”, less than a thousand of them contributing is more than a bit disappointing. I’ve pledged to the project myself but I don’t have much faith in it getting funded at this point.

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 26 September 2013 07:36 PM

With 20k “fans”, less than a thousand of them contributing is more than a bit disappointing. I’ve pledged to the project myself but I don’t have much faith in it getting funded at this point.

It really does not look good. Well… it looks bad. Less interesting games got funded. $130,000 is a lot of money… oh wait.. I looked at other projects and it is not THAT much.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top