• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cat Lady-Stuck at end of Chapter 4 HELP

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

At the very end of Chapter 4 I have to neutralize the horrible man who is snoring away in his chair.  To do this I have to mix bleach with pesticideA in a bucket. 
    I have already put on my gas mask.However, every time I try either of them I am not able to do so since there is a draft coming in through a window.
    The only way that seems feasible, and I have spent nearly 2 hours trying all sort of methods, is to move a little to the right and bring up the caption “door” then choose “look at the window”.
    Unfortunately every time I try to do anything, press any arrow or <enter> the window disappears and the frame reverts to that of the room and the ghastly man - so I cannot stop the draft or do anything.
    In addition I tried in every way to block location of the draft both with a painting and with a cloth from inventory.  But the same situation arises that the window disappears and I cannot progress. 

What am I doing wrong, or what am I failing to do, or what have I missed ???
    PLEASE HELP ASAP

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

You have the right idea. You need to go outside and then try your ideas from there. Specifically, block the window with the painting

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

VERY MANY THANX!! Smile
Sorry I haven’t replied earlier but I just reurned after several hours and didnlt expect such a rapid (and GOOD) reply!

When youi said ******* did you mean back out of the room and then retarn (I doubt think so since I believe I did that - or right ******* the house????

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I’ve spent another HOUR on this and tried everything that seems possible.
I’m beginning to think that there’s a game-stopper bug here Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown
Unless you can send me a blow-by-blow description of what to do./
I can’t get outside to board up a window as suggested !!!!

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

AS SO OFTEN HAPPENS ...............
............... The minute after I entered my last post I realized that for some reason I was ABSOLUTELY fioxated on the wrong “END” - happens some times Smile  Smile  Smile
So I’ve solved my stopper thanks to your hint !!!
ONCE AGAIN - VERY MANY THANKS !!!!!!

Heart  Cool  Laughing  Heart Eyes  Cool

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Here we go again - now somewhere about half way thro’ chapter 5.
I’ve done the whole rigmarole of using the lever & mace alternately on the 4 panels and then the lever again on the ‘main panel’ - each tine operating them after using whichever (and getting a sort of shutter descending vertically downwards).

When I operate the last one (main panel) I get a loud reaction from the elevator just next to it and flashing bright light. This gives me the impression that I have ‘succeeded’ and that probably the power has been turned on !

After that I am stuck so I look at a (generally) very good English walkthru. It tells me to go again to the pier (on the extreme right) and operate the elevator there.
NO GO !!! It says that the power needs to be switched on.

I have repeated this 4 times and tried various variations - but nothing works and I’m stuck there.
A hint or help or anything to get me going again would be VERY GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

I think that was the part where you had to use the mace on each panel to drop a box and then use the mace again on the main panel to activate the spinning saw. Each time it would force your ghost to move to the right and eventually get eviscerated by the saw. I think that was what activated the power. Unfortunately I don’t have my saves otherwise I’d retry it myself.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The goal in that puzzle is to force the other Susan into the spinning saw. This is accomplished by descending those “shutters” onto her current position while the shutter to her left is closed, forcing her to move right. When she’s as far right as she can go, you keep the shutter closed and activate the saw. Once you do that, power is restored and the elevator works.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Something completely wrong somewhere unfortunately !
Either we are talking about different puzzles (both in chapter 6 ??) of there are different versions !

There is NO SAW in my game or my puzzle in the game !
!At the right end of the both the pier and the panels scene is an ELEVATOR which will not operate since there is no power.
As far as I can tell (And the English walkthrough indicates thus) is simply to ‘create’ power and then go up (somewhere) in the elevator !!!

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

EASIEST & CLEAREST WAY IS TO QUOTE THAT WALKTHRU :_

Use the lever in the first panel on the left, then operate the panel. Use your mace in the second panel and operate it. Get the lever again and use it in the third panel, then operate it. Get the mace and use it in the fourth panel, then operate it. Finally take the lever and use it in the main panel on the right, then operate it. Leave this room and go outside, then go to the far right and activate the elevator.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

What the walkthrough refers to as a “main panel” activates a buzzsaw. Have you found the scene where you see another Susan in the background and you can use the mace and the level to activate shutters? Then you’re in the right place.

Here’s a video walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ks7rxbVCitk#t=1350s

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

VERY sincere thankls for taking the trouble to help out.
Not everybody is prepared to invest his/her time & energy.
Grateful thanx.

I haven’t had time to test out your suggestions yet but will do so in about an hour and get back to you with the relts.
    ATB   Len

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Played through the video walkthru [w/t] (I hate them actually & avoid them.
IIRC - what I saw there was the same as I had played until the point where I got stuck, or just before it.
One Small difference I think shortly before I don’t know if it’s important??
In the video when you stab the monster with the inventory knife it makes some sound or something. I have tried it VERY MANY TIMES and IIRC I get no reaction N.B. my text w/t says stab it in the eye - but I could not see any tangible eye !!!
But the main difference is in the very last sequence where I followed theb text w/t exactly as described in my quote above. But the video w/tseems to jump forwards * backwards in some strange order which I can’t follow and it creates flashes of light (is that the saw ???) at least a couole of times before the end which I do not obtain. in addition, the video w/t does not show what ‘tool’ (mace or lever is used on ANY of the panels .
Is there any clear explanation of what is used on what panel in what order—- it seems that the descriptiojn in my text w/t just does not work at all !

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Has anybody got a savs as near as possible after the ‘elevator/saw’ sequence - or even as near as possible brefore it !!!
PLEASE HELP !!!
      TIA.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I just don’t understand it !
Your (i.e. Adventure Gamers)reviewer gave ut the wonderful grade of 4.5 stars out of 5 - almost the best possible.
Just Adventure’s reviewer gave it A+ the VERY best possible, usually reseserved for superlative classics !!!
(GameBoomers played some of it and them refused to have anything whatsoever to do with it !).
I have seen many ul;tra glowing reports from many players.
But I cannot finish chapter 5 (out of 7).

I restarted chapter 5 again TWICE from its very beginning and followed the generally extremely accurate text walkthrough to the letter (almost to the syllable !!).
And when I arrive at the ejevator to activate it - all I get every time is “There is no power didadida”.

Either tghe walkthrough is wrong and misleading or there is a game-stopper bug either just in my version or in the game - and I can’t fathom out how others continued past this point.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ??
The text walkthrough is easily avaiable on Google !

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Still stuck - even after HOURS of trial & error
The troble seems to be restricted to the location where you have to open a padlock to enter and inside are 4 panels plus 1 main panel (+a machine).
I spent ages trying out the method described in the TEXT-W/T to no avail.
I have since tried out ‘operating’ on different panels and then each time ‘operating’ on the main panel.
As opposed to the previouis ‘system’ this one gives something like 10 to 20 seconds of very bright light (in different places according to whic panel I used.
At YOUR asuggestion I thimnk these are what you called buzz-saws - IS THAT CORRECT ?
Whatb is the purpose of the buzz-saws? What are the supposed to actually DO (if anything).

YES - I DO get the ‘shadow Susan’ also in different places - what is her “function” (if any !!).

I have tried various dufferent combinations (ALWAYS using both the lever & the mace ???)without ANY succ1st panel then main panel ...then
ess e.g.
      2nd panel then main panel .... then

1st panel then main panel ...then

3rd panel then main panel ...then

Etc,. etc.

Please excuse typos -0 I suffer from severe AMD vision probs Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top