• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

millenia’s Game Summer..er.. Autumn 2013

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

So, I’m just trying catch up some of the games I’ve bought but never had time to play. And I’m making it “public” so that I’d get something done and possibly contribute to this site a bit too. I have a long list and I’m quite sure I won’t finish it but one must aim high Nerd. If I get half of this done I’ll be happy. Will post updates when I have something to report - eventually. No replays - no time for that.

Possible changes with yet unreleased titles or future playthroughs, otherwise I’m trying to stick to the list - but not alphabetically. Three non adventures mentioned but I wont be really blabbing so much about them so I decided the adventure section in forum works well. And all of those three games have a rich lore and very distinct atmosphere so to me they are very very very long adventures really Wink.

Added games in reddish brown.

Community playthroughs:
A Vampyre Story - July 2nd - 3.5/5
Obsidian - September 21st - 4/5
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream - November 16th - 4.5/5

To finish up:
Testament of Sherlock Holmes - July 7th - 4/5
L.A. Noire
The Witcher - EE (the only non-adventure besides MMOs)

Episodes:
Cognition ep.4 - September 22nd - 4/5
Heavy Rain DLC The Taxidermist
Hector ep.3
Journey Down chapter 1
The Walking Dead - July 18th - 4.5/5

To start:
Beyond: Two Souls - October 16th - 4.5/5
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Drawn - The Painted Tower - July 8th - 3.5/5
Edna & Harvey - The Breakout - December 8th - 4.5/6
Escape from Thunder Island
Gone Home - October 27th - 4.5/5
Hope Springs Eternal (Carol Reed #2)
J.U.L.I.A.
Lucius
Machinarium
Portal
Primordia
To the Moon - July 12th - 5/5

MMOs: (which obviously can’t be “finished”)
The Secret World
The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Any comments or opinions are welcome Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

After you finish the ones you play (with priority on the playthroughs of course Cool ) you should begin with Drawn, To the Moon or Machinarium. They are the smallest and easiest on your list and you will finish these faster.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

You are lucky most of those are short games, Witcher-excluded! Smile

I need to finish/restart Primordia and To The Moon, as well as get started on Walking Dead, Lucius and The Dark Eye

My weekend’s reserved for the new Larry though!

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yeah I just heard about Larry but I think I let it wait and grab it from some sale later.

Thank you Sefir for recommendations, I probably will pick one of those - or Primordia, been itching to try it too. Currently I have Drawn, Dark Eye and Primordia installed (in addition to the unfinished and episode ones).

I made this list up as versatile as possible putting the emphasis on the games that are must to play (plenty of games that are considered classics) or I’ve been planning to play for ages with a couple of newer titles I “almost” started.

I would have some JRPGs for PS3 but I think I’ll skip them now, if I have time to finish The Witcher with all these great adventure titles I’ll actually be pretty surprised.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I recently finished The Dark Eye and found it quite enjoyable (although I agree with many that the voice acting wasn’t all that). One thing I did notice which I don’t think has been mentioned here is that a certain Jack Allin was editor for English localisation.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

20 titles? My TO DO list contains over 140 adventures. Than again - I don’t aim to finish all those this summer. Grin

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

lewuz - 26 June 2013 12:57 PM

20 titles? My TO DO list contains over 140 adventures. Than again - I don’t aim to finish all those this summer. Grin

Pfft. You think this is all? Grin I’m pretty sure I have around 300 titles to finish, I don’t even bother to track them all. I have a to-play text file with a little over 100 adventures, not counting sequels. And that’s not even the whole list of adventures I own. There’s of course also replay list and to-buy list. And all the non-adventures…

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

millenia - 26 June 2013 01:09 PM
lewuz - 26 June 2013 12:57 PM

Pfft. You think this is all? Grin I’m pretty sure I have around 300 titles to finish, I don’t even bother to track them all. I have a to-play text file with a little over 100 adventures, not counting sequels. And that’s not even the whole list of adventures I own. There’s of course also replay list and to-buy list. And all the non-adventures…

Grin Oh, well, then we are in the same “league”. All genres combined my evergrowing todo list containes around 400 released titles. Maybe around 100 upcoming games will get a line too once they see the light of day. Luckily I already have many of the titles as well, but many of older and/or less known games are almost impossible to get these days.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Portal can be beat in a few hours - and it’s a few very enjoyable hours. You should get to that - and especially Portal 2!!! - as one of the first games, IMO Smile

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yeah, but so many of them are “the first games I should play” Tongue. But I have Portal 2 also waiting, I will definitely play at least the first one during this summer.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 26 June 2013 04:41 PM

Portal can be beat in a few hours - and it’s a few very enjoyable hours. You should get to that - and especially Portal 2!!! - as one of the first games, IMO Smile

I disagree. Portal 2 may be easy, but is also very big to be beaten in just a few hours (that applies to TWD too).

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Sefir - 26 June 2013 06:20 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 26 June 2013 04:41 PM

I disagree. Portal 2 may be easy, but is also very big to be beaten in just a few hours (that applies to TWD too).

Good thing I didn’t say Portal 2 could be beaten in a few hours, then.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Out of your list Millenia may I politely suggest thst you don’t start J.U.L.I.A.

Not because it’s not a good game - I thoroughly enjoyed it even with a couple of faults within it - but because J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced looks like it’s going to be considerably better. If you pledged to the Indiegogo fundraiser you may already know this as Jan has just sent out his monthly update with a couple of screenshots and the difference is staggering. On top of that game play has been enhanced (the first planet you visit has ten areas for exploration instead of the original’s three). Downside is that, because of how much more he’s putting into the game, he doesn’t now expect it to be released this year.

I would upload the 2 screenshots but they appear in the Indiegogo’s backers area and I’m not sure how appropriate it would be to do so.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Thanks for the information. Have they said if this enhanced edition will be automatically available for anyone who bought the game earlier? Meaning the new edition will replace the old rather than be a separate item?

If I skip it for now, at least it’s not the only scifi title on my list.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

As far as I’m aware you’ll have to pay again as I, and no doubt many others, have done in pledging for the enhanced version. I think there’d be something slightly awry in the Indiegogo supporters paying for others to get the new game free Laughing

I’ll take a risk and post one of the screenshots here (Admins: please remove if inappropriate):

Edited to add that you’ll need to click on it to see the full image (and again at Imgur).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

In a way it could also be an experience to play the old one first and then compare it to the enhanced version. I was completely unaware of this indiegogo project. I actually intentionally stay away from these crowdfunding sites for a longer periods of time. There are always so many interesting projects and I have so little money… Also, I don’t think I’ll be purchasing the enhanced version full price anyway, so my wait might be quite long. (Though I have that 300 other games to play meanwhile.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top