• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The unofficial/random “games like…”/game recommendation thread

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 13 October 2013 06:28 PM

I’ve finished that one, give me another Grin

Have you really?

Diego if you haven’t already you need to play the Microprose Pirates! game. It will satisfy anyone’s need for serious pirating. Probably not considered “adventure” but I think if it were released today it might get a review here, it isn’t very different from Papers Please with the strategy elements.

But if you really want adventure, you can’t go past Plundered Hearts. I know you’re the romantic type too so you’ll enjoy Wink

(Not to mention Alone in the dark 2, my favorite AITD title Smile)

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

Can anyone recommend me a game with a huge twist at the end?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Whispered World

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Portal

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

I’ve played Portal, loved it!

I’ll finally give ‘The Whispered World’ a go, I bought it a while ago now. Smile

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

TWW doesn’t have a twist, it’s a Tomato Surprise game.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Instead of correcting what others suggested, why don’t you give a recommendation of your own? Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Monkey Island 2?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was thinking of saying that one, too, but somehow I feel that [spoiler]the ending didn’t really change much in the retrospective - the way I experienced it, it was like a post-credits in a horror movie, with the bad guy seen alive again.[/spoiler]

But I do agree that TWW and Monkey Island 2 share something, connected to a “non-twist” ending - the portion of the game without the ending is much stronger than the ending itself, because of simple reason: even if Gilbert did work on Monkey 3, the audience would still like to see the adventures of a wannabe-pirate, and not some kid in the amusement park, just like I feel that fans of TWW would rather see Sadwick back in action.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Simon the Sorcerer 2 had a surprise ending, at least I thought it did.

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

I have played Monkey Island 2…

Like many others I was disappointed with the ending.  But that may have been because I was about eight years old at the time.  I thought there may have been an alternate ending as I was left with the love spell at the end.

I was thinking along the lines of something similar to the huge twist that was in Resonance.  I guess that wasn’t quite at the end of the game though.  But it really shocked me!  I loved it!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Nelza - 25 October 2013 04:12 AM

I have played Monkey Island 2…

Like many others I was disappointed with the ending.  But that may have been because I was about eight years old at the time.  I thought there may have been an alternate ending as I was left with the love spell at the end.

I was thinking along the lines of something similar to the huge twist that was in Resonance.  I guess that wasn’t quite at the end of the game though.  But it really shocked me!  I loved it!  Laughing

Well, personally I don’t count MI2. It is intentional, comical mindf**k for the player, not really meant to be a serious “twist”.

And the funny thing about Resonance was that I totally saw “the huge twist” coming. I tried to prevent it or at least make precautions, but the game didn’t let me. I was actually much more surprised with the twist in Gemini Rue. So it’s very subjective what is a twist really and what isn’t.

Heavy Rain also has quite a twist and some people argue that they totally saw it coming from the start while I was very oblivious almost to the end Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

millenia - 25 October 2013 08:28 AM

Heavy Rain also has quite a twist and some people argue that they totally saw it coming from the start while I was very oblivious almost to the end Smile.

I certainly didn’t see the twist coming in Heavy Rain and even after replaying the game, knowing the twist, it still didn’t make sense to me.  Pan

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Can anyone recommend a game similar to The Stanley Parable?

A game that adapts to everything you do, and is completely different on every playthrough.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Iznogood - 25 October 2013 02:27 PM

Can anyone recommend a game similar to The Stanley Parable?

A game that adapts to everything you do, and is completely different on every playthrough.

When I played The Stanley Parable, Panic! (SEGA CD) came to my mind. Its different on almost every playthrough, and is adapting to player choices. But its really a different experience, because TSP is unique example on its own.

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top