• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabeLittleRoseSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The unofficial/random “games like…”/game recommendation thread

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

CoyoteAG - 19 June 2013 09:26 AM

I just watched The Hangover. Can anyone recommend a game where you wake up with no memory and have to piece together the events of the past?

Countdown.

Intense Degree - 19 June 2013 12:49 PM

Thanks for the recommendations guys, although I’m not entirely sure i’ve understood how the thread works! Tongue

If you want to ask for something, you need to answer one of the previous questions. Grin

Even though I got my share of recommendations for today (yeah, like I need a recommendation to remind me that I still haven’t played GK3 Foot in mouth), here’s another one: It was 40 degrees today… I need the most freezing game you can come up with! (and no, I’m not accepting the meat freezer from IHNMAIMS)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Alpha Polaris

In the midst of the snowfields of Greenland lies Alpha Polaris…

Hmm i can’t think of a recommendation i want right now, can i get back to that later?

Edit: Deleted the edit again, as it seems it was more or less covered earlier.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 19 June 2013 05:39 PM

Hmm i can’t think of a recommendation i want right now, can i get back to that later?

Edit: Deleted the edit again, as it seems it was more or less covered earlier.

You are clearly disillusioned (who wouldn’t be, after giving all those prizes?). Amnesia is the thing you want. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 19 June 2013 12:14 PM
Oscar - 19 June 2013 06:01 AM

The only difference is the bad guy is your future self!

I hope that’s something they tell you early on in the game, and not something you just spoiled… Wink

I don’t think so, they tell you in the summary on the game’s website:

What’s worse than finding out that your future evil selves have set about a series of events that wipes out all human life on the planet? Going back in time to fix things with half a mind on preventing coathangers from ever being invented, and accidentally setting up an alternate-universe Hitler with an unstoppable army of dinosaur clones instead, that’s what! Whoopsie!

I have only played the game’s demo so I’m not really capable of spoiling anything.

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Games that make you feel like you are playing a movie..?

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Jawa - 20 June 2013 09:12 AM

Games that make you feel like you are playing a movie..?

Cognition made me feel like that, especially Episode 3. And Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 19 June 2013 05:50 PM

You are clearly disillusioned (who wouldn’t be, after giving all those prizes?). Amnesia is the thing you want. Tongue

How did you know, do you have psychic powers? Or does the theme and prize from the caption contest just makes it obvious what kind of games i like?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 20 June 2013 11:55 AM

How did you know, do you have psychic powers?

No, just a wild stab in the dark… Grin

So, which game do you think has a humor similar to Blackadder?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Any “train” adventures, beside The Last Express/Murder on the Orient Express?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 26 June 2013 05:33 AM

How about a zeppelin? Much more interesting than a boring old train. So I suggest you play Murder on the Zinderneuf. Then you can tell your friends “hey guys I bet you haven’t played an adventure game set on a blimp!” And they’d say “whoa, diego you’re the coolest!” and they’d be all Heart Eyes and then you’d be all Cool 

Thumbs Up

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 20 June 2013 05:01 PM

So, which game do you think has a humor similar to Blackadder?

Ah that is a tricky one, i guess the closest i can think of is Hector: Badge of Carnage

Does anyone know of any games similar to the Monty Python games?

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Can anybody tell me a story-heavy adventure game Cognition, The Cat Lady or Blackwell?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

CroGamer - 26 June 2013 01:44 PM

Can anybody tell me a story-heavy adventure game Cognition, The Cat Lady or Blackwell?

you may wanna try and also read those titles reviews:
Gemini_Rue
Dark Eye Chains of Satinav
Yesterday

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

you may wanna try and also read those titles reviews:
Gemini_Rue
Dark Eye Chains of Satinav
Yesterday

Thanks!

I will check them out. Content

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

diego - 26 June 2013 05:33 AM

Most people don’t like them but Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon is one my favorite Nancy Drew games!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top