• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Harvest

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

Hi,
Just wanted to let everyone know about our campaign on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840293109/harvest-0

You can check out the article written by Jack Allin right here!
http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/24736

HARVEST is a Graphic Adventure similar to Snatcher, Phoenix Wright. Set in the future, you play as a detective searching for answers.

We could use all the help we can get from Adventure Fans, Please help us spread the word!

Thanks!!!

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Looks really good! Adventure + moody futuristic setting = sold! I’ll probably pledge on the last day but looks like you’re well on the way to reaching your target. Posting stretch goals might encourage more pledges?

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

Thanks! and also for the tip I will put together some stretch goals for the campaign.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Campaign seems to be going well. The genre and the setting look great, of course.

Personally I’d like a bit more info about the team. Instead of just saying who’s on the team, give us a little more. What about them makes them perfect for the project? What have they done in the past, what were their previous employers (if any), did they make/help in commercial games or freeware games?

The more info you give (on anything in the campaign really), the better, imo.
But you’re on track to reach your goal and then some, so you’re obviously doing fine. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 11 June 2013 03:11 PM

Personally I’d like a bit more info about the team. Instead of just saying who’s on the team, give us a little more. What about them makes them perfect for the project? What have they done in the past, what were their previous employers (if any), did they make/help in commercial games or freeware games?

The more info you give (on anything in the campaign really), the better, imo.

Would this be true if they said they hadn’t done anything in the past, had no previous employers and all they have is their passions and imaginations? Smile

It’s difficult with artists to judge their merits, sometimes impossible even. If all kickstarter projects turn into job interviews I think we will risk losing a lot of potentially great stuff.

Saying that, I can’t help asking: action sequences? What kind and how many?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 11 June 2013 03:56 PM

Would this be true if they said they hadn’t done anything in the past, had no previous employers and all they have is their passions and imaginations? Smile

It’s difficult with artists to judge their merits, sometimes impossible even. If all kickstarter projects turn into job interviews I think we will risk losing a lot of potentially great stuff.

If they don’t have anything tangible to show as previous works, then at least they could point us towards what other works inspire them and what made them go for this particular project.
Anything that could answer the question “who are you and why should we give you money?”. Being completely unknown will hurt the project. Giving as much clear information as you can is always a plus.
And I’m talking about more than just the team’s resumes for that. Give as much info as you possibly can about every aspect of the project.

What I’m basically saying is: I like what I see on the Kickstarter page, but I’d like to see/read a lot more. It’s a bit low on text, imo.
But it’s working, since they’re right on track, so they’re definitely doing some things right. The screenshots and concept art are great, for instance.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

Hi,
Thanks for the comments, we did have a Kickstarter last year and put out a game called Castle Dracula which I have added to the Kickstarter.

The action parts will be a shooting style mini game, you will be able to turn this option off. Just a bonus throwback to Snatcher

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

gondefire33 - 12 June 2013 10:39 AM

The action parts will be a shooting style mini game, you will be able to turn this option off. Just a bonus throwback to Snatcher

Sounds great. Thumbs Up
And the ‘optional’ part helps. Tongue

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

gondefire33 - 11 June 2013 11:24 AM

HARVEST is a Graphic Adventure similar to Snatcher, Phoenix Wright.

Er…
Perhaps you should consider using a different name for your game in progress.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Your logo looks like it spells HOREST as in “Rest, ho. You been working too hard, girl.”

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread.

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

New Video posted on Indiegogo! http://igg.me/p/461114/x/1583479

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

Check out our Steam Greenlight page and help vote! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153061153

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Are there any other backers of their kickstarter campaign here?
I backed it, as their 2nd trailer (and the one used for indiegogo) looked fantastic, and I loved Blade Runner, so it was easy to convince myself (and forget the horrible ‘dream sequence’ 1st kickstarter video).
Recently, they introduced their newly hired writer, programmer, and also the music has been commissioned. To me this all was a bit of a surprise, as I assumed that for an indie game like this, the project lead is typically also the writer and sometimes the programmer. It is unclear now to me what the original team will do for the game.
any thoughts?

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

Hi jaap,
This is Kevin from Gondefire Productions,Thanks for backing Harvest and yes lets all forget about the 1st video. A few days before the Kickstarter ended a couple members of the team decided that they wanted to form their own company and didn’t want to commit to the project so I picked up Jon the programmer before it ended with the help of Rich the composer who ive worked with in the pass so it worked out great. I was writing the story outline when I decided to hire on Paul to write the script which he has been doing a outstanding job with, which leaves me with more time to map out scenes and make sure everything falls into place. There’s still a couple more people behind the scenes working which will have there Kickstarter update about them in the future. Plus I’ve been working on a few other projects that were trying to get off the ground and expand Gondefire Productions so we can put out more titles.
Harvest got greenlit on Steam so that’s gonna open up some cool things we can do with the game. Hope that answers some questions for you!

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

looks great, and the setting is right up my alley!

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

thanks kevin for the answers.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top