• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sci-Fi Adventures that take place in future, speculate nothing but chaos!. 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Maddens ,chaos ,destruction, Unhumanity , manipulation and doom.
how many adventure you know/played represent your own personal vision of that Dystopian futuristic world that seemed sooo real!!.
you can easily accept to live at and even fall in love with ? 

most, if not all adventures that feature events that take place in the future always have that dark theme and atmosphere (why ?) only with a bit different story), some seem so logical with the expected technology and legacy of domination and tech mis-use or corruption at/with everyday routine, seem just like they expectation of catastrophes are kinda welcoming form to the world current damned population ...
something that i heard once (a quote) i really liked and never have forgotten

no one was surprised when the world ended’

if we take examples:-
Bladerunner : Human are so low that android’s might has feelings and emotions even better than humans.
New beginning : the misuse of technology for dominating the world power and money without thinking of the results and esp.to the upcoming generations.
Culpa Innata : nature catastrophes which results an elite foundation with a big neglect for all the other humans starving and dying of disease.
Moment of silence: everything you do will be monitored , no privacy for what is called security measures but it turns out the we all are just being manipulated one way or the other.
Nightlong ,Manhunter , 5 Days a Stranger .... etc

so to get the point which might seem for the 1st glance that i am discussing the best of sci-fi adventure but not ... i wanted to know, IF we can accept those dark visions of our future (hypothetically)  which games speculate visions would be closest to the truth,which adventure would represent you (your logic)  and is the most reflects that vision for the future and why .

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

That is a genre called cyberpunk and it’s not really meant to be accurate prediction of future. It’s dystopia and it’s meant to criticise the aspects in our community like Orwell’s 1984 or Animal Farm. It’s also supposed to be cool.

Hard scifi as a definition contains philosophical and ethical aspects and in cyberpunk the unscrupulousness and the corruption are emphasized (I’ve often talked about the unholy yet brilliant marriage of film noir and cyberpunk).

All this said we can still of course speculate which of these visions would be closest to the truth. Honestly I believe even the most horrible scenarios are very much possible, human greed and malignancy knows no bounds. Though I doubt any of the visions come true very accurately - one has to only consider the mobile revolution that was completely unimaginable in the 80s.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Beneath A Steel Sky, Rex Nebular are other popular examples.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sci-Fi stories are basically WHAT IF stories.
Meaning that they set up some premises or create a possible future world, and then they ask the question what if this really happened, how would people react, what would it be like to live in a world like this, how would it influence our relations with each other etc. When Sci-Fi is best, it allows for the big questions in life to be asked, like what does it mean to be human?

Take Blade Runner as an example. It is basically an existentialistic movie/game, the whole I Think Therefore I Am thing, but the whole dystopian setting was actually made out of necessity more than an actual artistic choice. Ridley Scott made the movie on a relative low budget, and after making the set he discovered that it didn’t look very good or realistic, so in order to compensate he had to blur the whole thing, so they shot almost all the movie at night and added constant rain and fog, all in order to blur the set and make it look better.

Very few Sci-Fi stories actually attempt to predict the future, and give there version of how they think the future will be, they just create whatever future they need in order to tell the story they want to tell.

So to get to your point Advie, if there is anything we have learned from the Sci-Fi of the past, then it is that they are never able to predict the future, or even give a semi-realistic glimpse of what the future will be like!
Which really isn’t that surprising as it is only rarely what they attempt to do.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i writing my post which turned out after halfway from start very complicated to my limited english knowledge of grammar and vocabulary ... i am working on it as its very long as well.
but Hey millenia and Izno .. i don’t know how my original post doesn’t really show the point i started the thread for as you both (of course thankfully for your contribution) didnt understand me, and i am sure its because my lack of describing correctly and that why i am taking care of my next post but, i can say in simple words .. i am trying to figure (what if) as Izno say that of all those chaotic plots touched each and everyone of us, and how or why…

i will continue finishing my post at a notepad before i post it here..

so get to you later .. but all that i said concerning what i am looking for or trying to gather/discuss here is nothing (i guess ) to what anyone might want to draw it to .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top