• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesGabeLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name that Game ?

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Sketchy info to go on but I’ve seen you smartypants work with much less. Smile 

I can’t remember much about the game since I played it quite a few years ago, but it, or at least the part I remember, took place in a monastery and there was a female narrator with a distinctive voice.  There was a puzzle having to do with busts of the former monks (?) as I recall.  The busts may have concerned themselves with the seven deadly sins.  You matched the sins with the busts maybe.

I’d like to replay that that game if any of you know what the heck it was.

(I posted this in another thread but thought I’d start a new thread).

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Could it be Memento Mori?

those ain’t no Busts, and the narrator (which is hardly to find Adventure with narration nowaday) is a man . is that the puzzle you were suggesting!

P.S: i blurred the numbers at the screen (green) as they are big spoiler

Image Attachments

secretdoor.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Nope, not Memento Mori but thanks for trying. It’s an old game and those are definitely busts or heads, something with faces anyway.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Was it a free game? Probably not, if there was a voiced narrator. How old is the game?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Has there been a pinned thread for these? I spot these threads weekly, we could have a sticky thread for “What was that game”?

Sorry I can’t help in this case, but usually there’s eventually some weirdo who knows about the indie game that was published in 1987 and only in New Zealand, it’s sick really Tongue.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I think I played it around 2006 or shortly after because I’ve checked my list of all the hundreds of games I’ve played and nothing pops out at me.  I left off listing them at that time because life got busy.

It was a boxed game for sure because I was only buying retail games that received good reviews at that time.  Also, it was probably first person as those are my fovorites. 

The monastery wasn’t the centerpiece of the game, just some place you had to go to obtain some information or item, and of course to play the bust/head game - and it was a headgame, too.  Not easy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top