• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 January 2015 01:42 AM

Surprisingly Boyhood scored Best movie in GoldenGlobes too.
But again lots of Goldenglobe awards were surprising.

I was mostly surprised Grand Budapest Hotel won over Birdman. It’s very good but it was released so long ago. Still haven’t seen Birdman.
Also True Detective didn’t win anything.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

John Wick

Haven’t watched such a great action Hollywood film in a while.
So if you have any tiny space in your heart for action/gun shooting scenes, watch it.

wilco - 13 January 2015 05:23 AM

I was mostly surprised Grand Budapest Hotel won over Birdman. It’s very good but it was released so long ago. Still haven’t seen Birdman.

Yup TD was robbed, so was Matthew, but i like Billybob too. Tongue

So 2014 Movies are pretty much done,

Here are my favs of 2014,

1. Birdman
2. Nightcrawler
3. JohnWick
4. A Most violent Year
5. Night Moves.

Pretty good year, Hollywood was pretty much shit against TV in last couple of years, but things were refreshing and better this year.

Raid2, Joe, Locke, Single Shot, The Wind Rises etc. were great too.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

wilco - 13 January 2015 05:23 AM

I’m not!
The Grand Budapest Hotel is one of the best movies of 2014. Few movies made me laugh as much as this one, the dialogue is brilliant with an excellent performance of Ralph Fiennes, who can be amazingly funny. His performance reminded me a bit of of the best Pink Panther films and Peter Sellers.
I also liked the eastern european atmosphere and especially the music.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-01-14

PM

Have just watched American Sniper which is a true story, quite a long film over 2hours but did not lose interest at all, the film was based on Chris Kyle’s story, a Navy Seal, whose sole mission was to protect his comrades in Iraq, he saved countless lifes,the ending was a complete surprise and then to see the actual footage what took place after was so unbeleivable, would recommend this film to anyone

Image Attachments

Unknown.jpeg

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

subbi - 14 January 2015 06:15 AM

I’m not!
The Grand Budapest Hotel is one of the best movies of 2014. Few movies made me laugh as much as this one, the dialogue is brilliant with an excellent performance of Ralph Fiennes, who can be amazingly funny. His performance reminded me a bit of of the best Pink Panther films and Peter Sellers.
I also liked the eastern european atmosphere and especially the music.

Don’t disagree, it was one of my favorites! Ralph Fiennes was indeed great. I was just surprised it won, Birdman was getting a lot of awards buzz.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

John Wick

The coolest action flick in years.

Go see it.

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Went to see when John Wick premiered in my country and apparently it was out 2 months ago… and almost immediately gone… I need to check it out at home, movie looks ace.

Oscar nominatios are out:

American Sniper
Birdman
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything
Whiplash

I have only seen Boyhood and Grand Budapest Hotel, the only ones I’m interest from the others are Whiplash and Birdman.
Meh at the amount of biopics…
It’s weird Foxcatcher got a best actor and best director nomination but its not in the running for best picture.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jake Gylenhaal and J. Aniston got robbed, Oscar’s are all about lobbying, that Cooper nomination = wtf!

Wild was amazing, atleast Reese made it into the nominations.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-01-14

PM

The most recent Film I watched was Foxcatcher
I really enjoyed it
It is a True story about A Olympic Wrestling Champion brother team who are training for 1988 games in Seoul

I cannot say much more as it would spoil it for anyone watching it
Well worth watching

Image Attachments

MV5BMTQ2MjQxNjYxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzIwODUxMzE@._V1_SX214_AL__.jpg

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 15 January 2015 11:15 AM

movie looks ace.

Don’t expect plot or acting.
Its same recycled plot of taking revenge against Russian Mafia, infact Equalizer had
same story.
But action and shooting scenes are technically amazing, also one of the few films which doesn’t rely on CG and show myriad of weapons, which makes me wonder why Hollywood don’t make films with diverse new weapons. On other hand games are all about guns, old and new.

Also watch Wild if you like personal adventurous dramas
Didn’t know director is the guy from DBC.
Reese was hot, and yeah Pacific coast trail is quite a ride.

Edit:

Inherent Vice 2/5

I don’t know wtf i watched, and how an awesome Director who made There will be blood, can
make shit like this. Pan

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Calvary was my favourite film of 2014, but nobody is going to nominate a Christian film to anything, of course. The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet was also quite amazing, Jeunet made a good return. Haven’t watched Birdman yet, but most of the Oscars noms (both English and foreign) are meh, unsurprisingly.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Maps to the Stars 4/5

Dreamy, psychological satire on messed up people of Hollywood.
Finally D.Cronenberg does something along the levels of his past work after terribad Cosmopolis.
Mia was great, Julian moore killed it, deserved atleast a nomination.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw Birdman, very good movie, love the way it was shot and the actors. Great to see Edward Norton back in a big role and Michael Keaton with his deserving big role.
Great moment was a friend asks me after the movie what has Michael Keaton done after Batman… Exactly!

Maps to the Stars 4/5

Dreamy, psychological satire on messed up people of Hollywood.
Finally D.Cronenberg does something along the levels of his past work after terribad Cosmopolis.
Mia was great, Julian moore killed it, deserved atleast a nomination.

Also hated Cosmopolis but I do like most Cronenberg stuff, good to hear this is better.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Last of Us Aussie version.

Have to say Pattinson is great actor and really clever in choosing roles, not keeping his
Twilight ladies man image.

Rad 4/5.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Guy Pearce is underrated as an actor. That poster already convinces me he’s going to be spectacular in this… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top