• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Trilby’s Notes color issue

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’ve seen numerous references to this issue around the internet, but no solution.
Please try to only reply if you’ve encountered this issue and have been able to solve it. I am less interested in untested suggestions, especially if they’re generic.

There seems to be some issue with the palette in Trilby’s Notes when running full screen in Windows 7. Running in a window, everything is fine, regardless of other graphic settings. Running in full screen, there are some psychedelic colors and color rings, beginning with the title screen (where the white credits text is interspersed with green). I’ve tried changing my graphic settings to match those of the game, both manually before launching and by using compatibility settings. Also tried setting compatibility to XP to no avail.
The internet is woefully unhelpful as far as I can see - there are threads dating back to 2007 with this issue, but the only proposed solution (force a newer AGS to launch the game) don’t work with the latest AGS (which stands to reason, as there’s been a major version release since the solution was posted).

Did anyone encounter this issue and managed to overcome it other than playing in a window?
Thanks.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-04-27

PM

Older AGS Games on Win7: (in general use 640 x 400 res. in setup - 320 x 200 usually won’t start fullscreen at all)

For Trilby’s Notes in particular:

Remember (or copy) the path for the game:

In this case something like:

X:\Games\Trilby’s Notes\notes.exe

- Go into task manager and END explorer.exe

- Use command prompt to start the game:
  Command prompt: X:\Games\Trilby’s Notes\notes.exe (+ ‘enter’, of course.Tongue)

- When you’re done playing and quit the game:
  Just restart explorer.exe using command prompt again.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

That works brilliantly. Thank you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top