• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dracula 4

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Much more is clearer after seeing the Developers Diary video -

Not the fan of the generic female protagonist model, and I’m seriously worried at the fact that the whole technical side seems weaker than previous Dracula games. Multiple difficulty levels doesn’t sound exciting, too, but we’ll have to wait and see how it works.

Apart from that, the game is definitely in good hands - the two project leads seen in this video worked on design with Cryo/Kheops on Atlantis, Secrets of Da Vinci, Nostradamus… so I’m anxious to see the game being released.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I actually think that this game looks pretty promising. I like the idea that they incorporate both contemporary and historic theme into the game. I have only played Dracula 3, which I found pretty average from a story perspective, and contained to many “hard” stand alone puzzles, and too much reading documents and journals, which I found a little bit too overwhelming. This one look a little bit more interesting. Fingers crossed.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s out!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Great! Laughing

Niclas - 18 May 2013 07:47 AM

I have only played Dracula 3, which I found pretty average from a story perspective, and contained to many “hard” stand alone puzzles, and too much reading documents and journals, which I found a little bit too overwhelming. This one look a little bit more interesting. Fingers crossed.

That was my experience with D3 too. The Kheops puzzle style didn’t ever really sit well with me in any of their games, too illogical and frustrating. So I think I’ll wait to hear from other people how different D4 is before I decide to get it. It all depends on whether Microids wants to imitate the previous games or create their own style. Who knows?

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

I just finished this. It’s pretty short and the biggest problem I have with it, is that it feels more like an episode than a full game. This is because of the open and sudden (okay, not so sudden if you pay attention to the point system) ending and the fact it even ends with images of the sequel (Dracula 5).

So buyers beware. This is only the first part of the story and you won’t get any satisfying ending out of this game once you reach the end of the line after about 4 hours of gameplay.

Not that I’m all that curious as to how everything will be resolved as I felt that the characters were uninteresting, hardly developed and unconvincing. The story itself isn’t all that captivating either. But it does have some decent puzzles, so I guess there’s that.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Oh no!  Embarassed

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have only played Dracula 3, which I found pretty average from a story perspective, and contained to many “hard” stand alone puzzles, and too much reading documents and journals, which I found a little bit too overwhelming.

I have D3 in my box of PC games to play. I paid a big $5 dollars for it.

So, $19.95 for a four hour adventure game is not in the cards for me.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Been there done that.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

I agree with Primate Ryan: a very short game (I finished it in only 3 hours and 10 minutes), easy (even in adventure mode) with a few good puzzles near the end but most of them (and in particular the inventory puzzles) have very obvious solutions. The story might become interesting in the sequel, but in this game it is not fully developed. Same remark for the characters, very impersonal overall. I thought it surely was too expensive for such a disappointing point and click, certainly not at the level of most games Kheops Studio made years ago.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Primate Ryan - 19 June 2013 02:36 PM

So buyers beware. This is only the first part of the story and you won’t get any satisfying ending out of this game once you reach the end of the line after about 4 hours of gameplay.

Thank you Primate Ryan - that’s all I need to know! I don’t care about anything else other than that a game is ended properly & doesn’t rely on a sequel that may or may not happen! As far as I’m concerned no ending no buy!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top