• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost *PLUS BONUS OFFER for AG MEMBERS*

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Have you not played the Cult Classic DarkStar yet? Have you been waiting for the price to come down? Well wait no more. You can now get DarkStar directly from the developer, J. Allen Williams, for a mere $7.95. No..that is not $7.95 for a measly download, No Way,...that is $7.95 for an actual, real honest to goodness 2 DVD disk boxed game release to add to your collection.

But GreyFuss, I have already played DarkStar or first person perspective games aren’t my style. Then what you may want to look at is, DarkStar: The Motion Picture available for $7.95 also. This is a full length, 90 minute,  Motion Picture created and edited from the hours of cut scenes from the game and edited into a Hollywood production. This is not a video walkthrough of the game like seen on Youtube but a real movie. Check it out.

There are also many other items all reduced to below cost at the DarkStar Store. T Shirts, memorabilia, signed photos etc.

Wont you help out one of the most passionate and charismatic Indie developers who endured lies and broken promises in his 10 year quest to complete this very large and ambitious project. He knows he is not going to make any profit from what the game cost him to develop and he really isn’t that interested in it. What he is interested in is reducing the stock he has by offering them to you for less than it cost to make.

BREAKING NEWS 

**EXCLUSIVE BONUS OFFER for Adventure Gamers from J. Allen Williams**

FREE with a purchase of any item from the DarkStar Store. Email us through the store site http://www.darkstarstore.com/contact with a note giving us your order number and email address and we will send you a set of 8 HD computer desktop Images and both versions of the DarkStar Strategy Guide (one is full color and illustrated, the other is b/w printer-friendly).  What do you think of that??

DarkStar Game or Movie
  DarkStar T Shirts
  DarkStar Memorabilia
  DarkStar Literature

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hm. Might have to do this. I bought the digital game from strategy first when it first came out, and looks like i cant re-download it from them. Plus, its a pretty neat game to have a collectible box for.

Really, i would strongly urge anyone with an interest in unusual FMV games to take advantage of this right away. Its a nice game filled with exploration and atmosphere. The devs made the soundtrack themselves, and it has a cinematic feel thats hard to describe. Theres really nothing quite like it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d might if they’d be on Stema or GOG. I’m not that interested in collecting physcial boxes anymore.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

you can still buy the download from strategy first. (apparently for 6.95).
But you’ll have to backup the install file yourself.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I am not sure if there are any other places to Download DarkStar from. Maybe J. Allen Williams will stop buy with some more info.

EDIT:

From J. Allen Williams

Lace Mamba talked about doing the download too, but don’t know if they ever did.  I only know that Strategy First does it.  I do NOT understand why anyone would opt for the download in lieu of the boxed game.  The download is PC only, whereas the box is Mac compatible, and TRULY the very best Darkstar experience is on a mac.  It is flawless there because we’re not dealing with all the issues PCs have with Quicktime (and any other software on the planet), and the multiple OS systems on PC (XP, W7, etc).

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

BREAKING NEWS 

**EXCLUSIVE BONUS OFFER for Adventure Gamers from J. Allen Williams**

FREE with a purchase of any item from the DarkStar Store. Email us through the store site http://www.darkstarstore.com/contact with a note giving us your order number and email address and we will send you a set of 8 HD computer desktop Images and both versions of the DarkStar Strategy Guide (one is full color and illustrated, the other is b/w printer-friendly).  What do you think of that??

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Fantastic

I just received my DarkStar, Limited Edition, signed, Black Box and I love it. Especially the signed 8x10 glossy’s of the cast. Mmmmm Beez McKeever.  Heart  Very professionally done, I am impressed. I also love the full Soundtrack.

A couple of things I would like to point out for those who have ordered the Black Box or are thinking about ordering…the 2 Cd Soundtrack set is located inside the German Edition of DarkStar. The Disks are in English.

It should also be noted that the German Version: Lace Mamba Global only produced the packaging and booklet of the German version of DarkStar in German.  The game itself is in English with no subtitles. So you really have 2 copies of the game inside the Black Box.

I can only imagine how much DarkStar could have generated with all these goodies if Kickstarter would have been around back then.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top