• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 10 May 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Kurufinwe’s Top-10 Endings
#10 – Quest for Glory II

“Will anyone speak for this Stranger from the North?”
— Ja’afar

We haven’t had a themed week in a while, so to make up for it let’s have a themed week-and-a-half! This time: my top-10 endings. I’m not trying to be “objective” here, whatever that would mean in this context; this is a personal and arbitrary list and I don’t expect anyone to agree with me on this. I don’t even agree with me here! I’m still second-guessing half of the list and would probably come up with something pretty different if I re-did it in 3 months. Tongue

Note that I’ll be wary of spoilers and will try to use spoiler tags, and even put the picture in a link, when necessary. If you see a given day’s thread is about a game you haven’t played, you probably want to stay away from it.

Anyway, Quest for Glory II. As far as I’m concerned, this ending has all the perfect ingredients. A tense final battle that’s challenging enough that you feel like you’ve accomplished something, but not so hard or drawn-out that it kills the story’s momentum. A long wrap-up sequence which lets you think back on your journey through the game. And a conclusion with a night sky and the promise of more adventures. What more could an adventure gamer want?

(Now that I’m writing this, I’m not sure why this game is so low on my list…)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kurufinwe - 10 May 2013 10:33 AM

What more could an adventure gamer want?

A love interest? I can’t remember if you get to bed any women in the game. I know you do in some of the later games, the iconic kiss scene in Wages of War is stuck in my memory and I think you can get married in Dragon Fire.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top