• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Inner World

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zane - 05 October 2013 05:35 PM

nice game! iv played it for a while. Very nice atmosphere and a sense of lore. Theres some neat little puzzles. Doesnt seem to be an expansive exploration driven game, but its still been fun with some extra mechanics introduced slowly.

Can you help me here Zane .. is it one of those ‘an easy ride’ AG ?!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Advie - 14 October 2013 01:30 PM

its not especially hard, but it has a good variety of interesting puzzles that will keep you involved. Its certainly not like the trend of “interactive movies” and is closer to lucas arts titles.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sounds fair! , Thanks Smile

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

We started this tonight - really nice so far - so good!

JB

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Started it some days ago. Was really intrigued from the trailer. Reminds me a lot of The Whispered World and Machinarium, two of my favorite games. Seems really nice and the riddles are well made. The voice acting could have been better, but it seems a high standard game overall thus far.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 14 October 2013 05:58 PM

Reminds me a lot of The Whispered World and Machinarium

diego - 28 September 2013 12:20 PM

Looks like a bastard child of The Whispered World and Machinarium.

Great minds…  Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 14 October 2013 01:30 PM

Absolutely not, in fact I would say that it is a quite puzzle heavy game, and also somewhat on the difficult side. The puzzles are all (so far) inventory puzzles and each scene only has few screens, but they all involve many steps and many are rather difficult. Thankfully there is an excellent hint system with multiple levels, starting with subtle nudges and ending with outright giving the answer.

My only problem with it is that it is a bit dialog heavy, but the dialogs aren’t always as funny as they are clearly meant to be. Thankfully there is only few and short cutsceanes, which is a big plus in my book Grin

I have also encountered quite a few technical problems, ranging from missing voiceovers to hotspots and the inventory disappearing.

It is not a great game or a must play, but i like it so far, I am however only about halfway through, so I will wait with my final judgement.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 14 October 2013 06:24 PM

Great minds…  Tongue

must they be great!.. maybe just Similar (in a way) Tongue Crazy

Thanks Izno that’s really Sounds great and from one I think has the same taste as mine .. I am almost finished with downloading .. will start as soon as I can .

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 14 October 2013 07:58 PM
diego - 14 October 2013 06:24 PM

Great minds…  Tongue

must they be great!.. maybe just Similar (in a way) Tongue Crazy

My avatar and diego’s obviously add to our statement. Grin
Though, I know that he is obviously trying to flatter me. He knows I’m still waiting for his comments in the CCS playthrough before the end of the year. (Or my wrath will be unleashed! Grin )

Seriously now, the way the main character walks is perhaps the first thing that brought machinarium into my mind.
He is also a little Sadwicky (pardon my expression) with less depression and more naiveness. I prefered Sadwick more thus far.
The world and the music is amazing.
Finally, I find the riddles much harder than both the beforementioned games (I don’t want to use at all the hint system)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top