• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looks like you already submitted this form / you are not permitted to perform this operation

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I get these messages a lot. The first when posting threads, replies or reviews (sometimes when editing reviews). Normally shift-reload fixes it, sometimes I actually have to go get another browser (haven’t tried clearing cookies, suspect it’ll work as well).
The second I occasionally get when I use either of the “game search” boxes.

I’m wondering if this is something unique to my computer, or whether other users also occasionally get it and just live with it.

(There is a third problem, where the submit post button just takes me to a blank “submit” form, but I posted about it in the past and it doesn’t seem to be common)

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Any insights? Am I the only user who gets these?

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’ve now gotten a new error (“DIFFERENT IP”) when trying to enter the Zerzura giveaway thingie. I think I’ve figured it out - could it be that opening another tab to somewhere in AG invalidates the session in the first tab?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Antrax - 07 May 2013 12:38 PM

(haven’t tried clearing cookies, suspect it’ll work as well).

Well you haven’t tried the Solution .. take my words for granted Grin

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’m not sure clearing cookies whenever I want to post anything is a good solution. If nothing else, it would suck because I would have to log-in again, which is basically the same as just shift-reloading and pasting all the text a second time.
In fact, it’s slightly worse because the AG login redirects to the first page of the forums instead of where you just were.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Don’t you notice how picky you are being Mr.Anthrax Smile

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

What browser are you using? Have you tried at least clearing out your cookies / temp internet files / cache once to see if that makes the problem go away altogether? Deleting cookies every time you post isn’t a practical solution but if your browser has something old stored that’s conflicting with something new, it actually might solve the problem.

If not, we’re going to have to wait for Marek to weigh in, because your question goes beyond what the mods know about the forum software. It certainly doesn’t seem to be a widespread problem or more people would have reported it. Sorry. Frown

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I am, in fact, waiting for Marek. I don’t mind trying to clear cookies once and see if that fixes it, but in all honesty I don’t see any reason why that would be the root cause, since if it were, the problem would’ve been more persistent - when your stored data is invalid, it stays invalid (well, I guess maybe it could be clock-related, but it doesn’t seem to be).

I’m using Firefox 20. I’ll try reading the site from Chrome for a while to see whether it’s browser (or plugin) specific.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

As expected, I was able to reproduce the issue on Chrome (so no “bad” cookies and not browser-specific) by doing the following steps:
a) Go to main AG site.
b) Open a tab.
c) Try to use the search function.
It seems only the “last” tab is allowed to do most operations. Presumably most posters here don’t multi-tab (which is surprising, TBH).

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

^ WFM

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Ah, you’re right. I tried now, and in fact it didn’t like that I did search-back-search again, regardless of the tab status.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The problem disappears completely if I’m not connected through my VPN. Could some anti-spam system really dislike (non-public) proxies?

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Was anything done? I haven’t encountered this in several days.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Sorry for the long wait for my response - I have been away for a while and just got back.

I have the same issue in Chrome when I search, hit the back button, and search the same keyword again. I assume it’s triggering our flood protection system (which is designed to prevent lots of identical input from being posted by the same user, for instance as part of a spam attack).

I’ll look at this but in the meantime, the best solution is to search for a game and open the games you want to check out in new tabs, so you can keep your search results in the background rather than searching the same keyword again.

Retired AG founder

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top