• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooneyseagulSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

City Quest - A new Point and Click Adventure

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-03-29

PM

Hey folks!

My name is Ryan, and I along with my friend Jon are working on a new point and click adventure game called City Quest.
In City Quest you play a small-town farmer that comes to the big city to make something of himself. We’ve got a few storylines to follow in the game, with a few endings planned for each. It’s a pretty silly game, and we tend to lean towards funny more than serious.

I grew up on adventure games, they were my first real introduction to gaming. I don’t remember many of my firsts (mostly I watched my dad play Kings Quest/ Space Quest when I was really young), but when I got old enough to play myself, I really enjoyed Fate of Atlantis and The Dig.

I’ve wanted to introduce you guys to City Quest for awhile now, as this is the community we really think we might be able to connect with. The reason we held off a bit was that we wanted to put our best foot forward.

The game is still very early, but we’ve got most of our engine written, we’re mostly on content now.

We’d really appreciate it if you’d check out the demo and give us any feedback you have Smile.

The demo is Here!

If you enjoy what we’re doing, please consider backing/sharing our Kickstarter, or voting for us on Greenlight, but above all, we want to see what you think!

Thank you so much!

—Ryan—

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I love the trailer!!!!

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

I watched the video on Kickstarter and I thought it was hilarious. I hope you meet your funding goal, and even if you don’t, still produce the full game anyway.

Joined 2013-03-29

PM

Thank you both! We spent a lot of time trying to get the trailer right, and I think it conveys our sense of humor pretty well!

@AdorableMogwai, If we don’t meet our funding goal, we still plan to release this, thought there are a few things that will be a bit harder, such as music., but we’re much too far along with this game to abandon it! Especially now that we know there’s some interest Smile

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Like the trailer. You seem to be able to die a lot in the game. Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

StoneMonkeyStudios - 03 May 2013 03:28 PM

I really enjoyed Fate of Atlantis and The Dig.

The magic words! Grin

Trailer has a more Space Quest-y feel with all the dying. You guys are definitely fans of the classics… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-03-29

PM

Magic you say?!

The humor/deaths is very Space Quest inspired, for sure. This really matches our natural dispositions, so it works out pretty well Smile
I did love the more serious ones though, the stories were always good Smile

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Mmm, The Dig and Fate of Atlantis, nice. Do you also have the boxes still?

Joined 2013-03-29

PM

Unfortunately, no Frown.

They’re in a CD case that I only recently rediscovered. Young me apparently did not care about packaging!
Silly past me. *Shakes head*

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Backed…

Joined 2013-03-29

PM

Thanks for the support! Smile

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Backed. Pitch video was hilarious, game sounds great and you got a demo. If I had to nitpick, my only qualm is the boxed copy is a keep case (the Big Box style is NEVER out! Angry ) and overly expensive. Might want to considering having a lower priced tier for just the boxed game, without the poster, t-shirt, etc.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I would love to see more smaller budget adventures like this one on Kickstarter. Seems like Kickstarter is not only a good fundraising tool, but is also a great way for a game or development team to get exposure. Maybe the next Tim Schafer can be discovered this way. I say that lesser known adventure game teams should start small, focus on writing and gameplay, and then work up to bigger projects after they have a larger customer and fan base.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

StoneMonkeyStudios - 05 May 2013 05:48 PM

Unfortunately, no Frown.

They’re in a CD case that I only recently rediscovered. Young me apparently did not care about packaging!
Silly past me. *Shakes head*

LoL! Grin Young past me decided that having a parrot as a pet was a good idea (which it kinda was, until it died under tragic circumstances Frown ) and it kept trying to build a nest by chewing off strips out of any paper or cardboard it could find in my apartment and stuffing them under his wings (it was actually a “her” but I didn’t discover that until she layed an egg Gasp but by then it had allready been established as a “he” and so it stuck). However, when it took flight to bring the paperstrips to the nest building site, all the paper would fall out immediately, and the parrot would just start over again on a fresh piece of cardboard… I wonder how they succeed at nestbuilding in nature… Tongue Anyway, as a result, most of the box-covers of my adventure game collection looks like they go to regular meetings with a shredder (which actually isn’t that far from the truth) Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Only a few more days left to fund this puppy!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

With only a few hours left, this project is poised to go down in the Kickstarter history books as yet another adventure game successfully funded by backers on the site.

Join us for the final countdown!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376534446/city-quest-a-point-and-click-adventure

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top