• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any good fantasy adventures?

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-08-19

PM

Hi guys Smile i was looking for an adventure game with a fantasy setting and I wanted some recommendations!

I actually love the genre, but so far i only played (and really liked) Chains of Satinav, and wanted some other ones with the same general feel if you know what i mean Smile

Thanks a lot

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

I would recommend Keepsake. It has a nice story and very funny but also some sad bits.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

The Longest Journey is what immediately comes to mind, so long as you’re Ok with the 2 world (one fantasy, one technology) set-up. There are few adventures of any type which match up in my opinion. If you like it, then you’ve got Dreamfall to follow it on with.

Can’t think of many others I’d recommend though, I’m afraid. The Whispered World is a fantasy setting but I personally found it rather dull. Thinks it’s by Daedalic (the same as Chains of Satinav) so maybe you’ll like it. Keepsake was another which isn’t bad, though the voice acting’s not the best. And then of course Tim Schaffer’s new game (Broken Age) when it comes out…

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’d definitely go for The Whispered World. A great game with some beautiful artwork - some of the best art I’ve ever seen in any adventure game.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The Whispered World and The Longest Journey (both instant classics) were already mentioned. You should also check the Discworld series. Especially Noir.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Heh…I’m assuming you’ve already played the old Sierra Quest games.  If not, I’m not sure what you’re sitting around here for!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 23 April 2013 11:58 AM

The Whispered World and The Longest Journey (both instant classics) were already mentioned. You should also check the Discworld series. Especially Noir.

Second that.

And of course the old Kings Quest games is the most obvious choice, they are a bit old now but still worth playing. Personally i would start at King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.

If you don’t mind humorous games then there is also the whole Simon the Sorcerer series.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Like others mentioned, Discworld, Kings Quest and Simon the Sorcerer series are definitely something you should check out if you don’t mind old games. Some of these games’ graphics holds up very well today aswell (Discworld 2 and Kings Quest 6 in particular, in my opinion). If you’d rather try something more recent, maybe you should check out The Book of Unwritten Tales, it’s got elves and gnomes and magic and whatnot. I also second the suggestion for The Whispered World, it’s a stunningly beautiful game.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top