• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thief (4)

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

My fav cat burglar is back but most important thing is how E.M. gonna improve gameplay, with acrobatics,thrill cams or time and intiution perks etc.. we’ll see.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Really looking forward to it. Games have been progressing well into the realm of polish and good aesthetics. Although Thief 3 wasn’t terrible, still would prefer a new experience based on the first two games.

The cinematics though in the 3rd game were just amazing.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s amazing how things in the games industry are cyclical and tastes change.

Years ago when Tomb Raider and Thief ruled, times were great and then both franchises fell on hard times.

Flash forward to today and Tomb Raider was being compared to the more modern Uncharted rather than the original games (although it had a pretty successful reboot despite the comparisons).

Thief will undoubtable get compared to Dishonoured which for my money made world traversal and sneaking a joy to play. I hope that Thief has taken some lessons from it and I wonder if it will be as successful a reboot.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I expect in a bigger and dynamic gameworld(full enviroment fx) random events and encounters which forces player to change his path and constant considering what next step is can be,creates a real thief atmosphere.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

A frustrating series to play for me. It wasn’t fun sneaking around avoiding guards with little indication whether they will see you or not. I found the detection indicator almost useless and many times I was hiding behind a wall or column when a guard somehow spotted me. And then when they do spot you it’s impossible to get them off your back. I never played Thief 2, maybe that was better. It’s not that I don’t like stealth, I love Splinter Cell even though the series has been in decline for a while now.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Thief 3 quite easier than other two(have tpv)  and available on gog.com. and of course you cant get them off your back without using any tools.

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I’d love to see this, especially after Eidos Montreal did such a good job with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I hope it’ll retain the spirit of the originals (and, given the success of Dishonored, I’d say it’s likely to) because gaming didn’t get much better than sneaking and exploring round those massive, detailed maps.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thief2 The Metal Age is in my top fav games of all time, use to finish it once yearly.

I trust Montreal artists, as they did fab job on DX HR though changing Garret voice is
the most stupid decision , and would kill experience for me, just like TR did by losing
puzzles and platforming.

Now people will jump in defending or being indifferent, just feel like Grimfandango and
George stobbart in new setting with different avatar and new voice for the new crowd.

IO was making same shitty mistake untill fans flooded them with requests and criticisms.

Petition for those who are interested

https://www.change.org/petitions/eidos-montreal-square-enix-bring-back-stephen-russell-for-thief-4

Stephen Russell comment

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141216&page=13&p=2180211&viewfull=1#post2180211

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Was it a decision on the part of Eidos, then, to not involve Stephen Russell? Cause that’s a stupid move—he defines the character, to the point that it basically got referenced in Skyrim through his presence in the Thieves Guild (though I can’t be entirely sure whether that’s an intentional reference, given that that game had about three voice actors spread very thinly).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hammerite - 21 April 2013 12:52 PM

Was it a decision on the part of Eidos, then, to not involve Stephen Russell? Cause that’s a stupid move—he defines the character, to the point that it basically got referenced in Skyrim through his presence in the Thieves Guild (though I can’t be entirely sure whether that’s an intentional reference, given that that game had about three voice actors spread very thinly).

Yup google it, the reason they gave is even more stupid.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-04-20

PM

Yeah, they said he couldn’t be the voice as the actor portraying Garrett has to do his own stunts, in the performance capture. Guess they don’t want to pay Russell for the voice & have someone else do the action scenes. Shame, and the same thing is happening with Splinter Cell, no more Micheal Ironside. I guess we will have to get used to it, like with Deus EX: Human Revolution.

Can’t wait for Thief4!  Heart

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ironside was for a different reason I assume. He sounded wasted on the last game he voiced.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

This is like a bit old, but if you didn’t read about it, here it is.

http://kotaku.com/seems-like-thief-really-is-in-serious-trouble-482915418

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

This trailer hints that it’s gonna be (AC like) open world and guess will be unique for constant night scenery.

Uprising Trailer

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This and Castlevania2 are lying on my couch since 4 days and i will be able to start them by tomm, still finishing my backlog.

Heard some bad impressions about AI, VA and Story.

Did anyone start it yet???

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve played some of it.

If you’re a fan of the series, you should be pleased to know that it does feel like a Thief game. It follows the exact same structure as Deadly Shadows so there’s a city hub you’re free to explore in between story missions with lots of side thefts to go out and pull. The story and dialogue are quite awful (hopefully this is the last Thief game in which someone utters the words “cock ring”) but the narratives in this series have always taken a backseat to the joy of sneakery. 

If anything, the game game’s determination to feel like its predecessors leaves it feeling kinda dated. It looks next-gen but a lot of its design feels like it’s still rooted in 2004.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top