• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ever wondered what others Currently playing ?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am playing Tony Tough   for the 1st time and Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 4 as i stopped at chapter 3 more than a year ago and also trying to find my way through Cognition that i am trying to convince myself that i should not let it pass i am almost 40% progressing with it (very slooow rate i don’t know when i will finish it) and at last i just started A Vampyre Story for my 1st reply watched the intro and saved my game keeping it for later on.

what are you playing Now?

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Going to get Papo & Yo through Steam tonight. Been waiting for the PC version.

Replaying The Filmmaker which I enjoyed a couple of years ago.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bonsai - 18 April 2013 05:28 PM

Replaying The Filmmaker which I enjoyed a couple of years ago.

I heard many good things about Filmmaker ..maybe i will give it a shot soon Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m 75-80% of the way in ‘Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward’, I just finished the community playthrough game ‘Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon’ (need to write a review now), and I’ve just started playing the first Gabriel Knight game for the first time.

But you can see all that in my signature… Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yes i know Timo, but not everyone post about their playings or update ...

so about DS Adventures did you get Metropolis Crimes? or even willing to?

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I’m playing The Sacred Mirror of Kofun.

The game actually comes with a VHS tape. I can’t remember the last time I saw one of those. Needless to say, I don’t have a VHS player, so its contents will forever remain a mystery to me.

One thing I like about the game so far is that the characters speak in their native languages. It’s pretty cool to hear someone speaking Mandarin(?) or Italian. OTOH, the subtitling doesn’t start until they are almost done speaking which kind of ruins it.

Gameplay so far seems pretty mediocre. There are tasks that you repeat over and over again like in a casual game where you swim around taking pictures of fish and stuff and then look them up on the in-game “internet” to get clues or more edu-tainment.

Hopefully I’ll finish by tomorrow. I just received a new game in the mail that I’m far more interested in playing.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just finished episode 1 of Fester Mudd on my phone. Enjoyable, well-made game, but wish it had voices. I think voiceovers would have added a lot. There is a cool unexpected (at least to me) spooky scene that makes me want to see where this story is going. Not giving anything away.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Trying to replay Broken Sword 3 (after having finished the first two again) as a build-up to the release of Broken Sword 5. Graphics have aged pretty well, surprisingly, however the gameplay - surprise, surprise - haven’t. So far, about 30 % through, it’s as mediocre as ever.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 18 April 2013 05:51 PM

Not interested. I’ve got Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and then James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes lined up for the 3DS, and after that I’ll wait for some good new releases while replaying some Ace Attorney games.

But I think that as soon as I’m finished with Zero Escape, the 3DS will be on the backburner a bit more, in favour of those PC classics I never played (GK, Tex, TLE, etc.)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 19 April 2013 06:37 AM

in favour of those PC classics I never played (GK, Tex, TLE, etc.)...

you mean Tex like, all Tex (from start!)

i wonder
..it will be Cool if it isn’t me only who never played any Tex’s titles

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

well, it wasn’t till last year when I played my first Tex and Gabriel games (both of which I loved. pandora’s direcive and sins of the fathers). So, better later than never. Right now I’m playing Dreamfall.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Bastich - 18 April 2013 08:47 PM

I’m playing The Sacred Mirror of Kofun.

Is it true what the advertising states for this game?:

More than 80 hours of gameplay

Over 2 hours of vivid full motion video

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 19 April 2013 09:29 AM

you mean Tex like, all Tex (from start!)

Yes, I never played any of the Tex Murphy games, and I plan on playing them all, starting with Mean Streets. Cool

UAKM has always been on my radar, though, since it got quite a lot of publicity when it was released. First game ever to come on 4 CD’s, no?
Same with GK: Beast Within. Must have held that box dozens of times, contemplating buying it. Never did because I was unsure if I’d like the game or not (didn’t find any reviews back then).

I’m just glad I finally get to play these games…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

keep in mind that The Beast Within has some crashes issues .. i remember there is a DosBox Version that only must be used for it .. but i cant recall all i remember that i had hard times running this game on Win7.

———————
can someone help me with this:
as for ToMI Chapter4 i Can not make Guybrush run by using the the mouse left Button only shift key Works ,but i remember i played the 1st three chapters without this issue , anyone knows a thing about that?

———

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 19 April 2013 05:22 PM

Yes, I never played any of the Tex Murphy games, and I plan on playing them all, starting with Mean Streets. Cool
I’m just glad I finally get to play these games…

I have never played Mean Streets myself, but as i understand it it is quite different from the later Tex games.

I quite envy you the chance to play these games for the first time. I have very fond memories of especially UaKM, but i have always been a bit uncertain about replaying it, i am afraid i might find the whole FMV to be completely outdated. I can’t imagine what it would be like to play them for the first time now.

On the subject, currently i am playing Amerzone, and i must say so far i am disappointed. I didn’t really expect too much to begin with, but because i am a big fan of Benoît Sokal i felt like i had to play it Smile

After that i plan on replaying Kings Quest VI and VII, or perhaps i will give Feeble Files which i have never played, a chance first.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve actually got that on my list of DS games to play. There have been some good reviews of it. But I can see why it got some bad ones too:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/976071-metropolis-crimes/reviews/review-141972

Now Gabriel Knight 1 - THAT is one of the greatest adventure games ever done. I loved it. You gotta play that game.

Currently, I’m playing “The Longest Journey” on my Netbook and “Machinerum” on my PS Vita.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top