• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games like Syberia recommendation? 

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 14 April 2013 09:56 PM

Anyway, I was wondering, Secret Files 2 seems to have gotten much better reception, and I’m considering buying. How is it improved from Secret Files 1?

It really isn’t, they are pretty much equally good or bad depending on your taste.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-08-14

PM

zifnab I was reading reviews from gamers in a game website, not sure if I can post that link,  who had played and they were complaining because the game is sold as 3 individual games, parts 1,2 and 3, and that they were very short. I want a long game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

llanita - 15 April 2013 09:26 AM

zifnab I was reading reviews from gamers in a game website, not sure if I can post that link,  who had played and they were complaining because the game is sold as 3 individual games, parts 1,2 and 3, and that they were very short. I want a long game.

That’s the iOS version of the game - they split it into 3 parts. The original version is one long game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 15 April 2013 11:43 AM

That’s the iOS version of the game - they split it into 3 parts. The original version is one long game.

Apparently the PC version on AdventureShop is also split into 3 part, but the version on GOG is one game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 15 April 2013 11:48 AM

Apparently the PC version on AdventureShop is also split into 3 part, but the version on GOG is one game.

Depends on which version you get from the AdventureShop, then. The one that’s in the Benoît Sokal pack is the full version…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Weird:

I am pretty sure that when i search for it about a week ago, they only had the Series version.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I liked Amerzone - although rather short. It does have some relation to Syberia - but I’d play Syberia 2 first - the good part is some good deals can be had for Amerzone and it was well worth the $9.95 I paid to play it.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-05-21

PM

The best games ive played are syberia-longuest journey and moment of silence.
heres some more:

Syberia 3

loongest journey

moment of silence

secret file tunguska,,,  sequel is Puritas Cordis,,, sequel Secret Files 3,,, sequel Secret Files: Sam Peters

Memento Mori

Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals

Nibiru: Age of Secrets

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

ICY

The Whispered World

Yesterday

The Journey Down: Chapter One

the lost chronicles of zerzura

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Kentucky Route Zero

9. Aura: Fate of the Ages

Culpa Innata

Paradise

Amerzone

amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy

lost horizon

black mirror games

Art of Murder: FBI Confidential - (2008, Windows)
Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer - (2009, Windows)
Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

herlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top