• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445OOUSwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 9 April 2013

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Dag - 09 April 2013 10:39 PM
TimovieMan - 09 April 2013 04:43 PM
diego - 09 April 2013 04:36 PM

Just make sure you play the originals and NOT the so-called “Director’s cut” remakes - they’ve simplified the game, meaning they removed a good share of hot-spots from locations and made some puzzles easier.

Seriously???
Good thing I’ve got the originals, then…

Facepalm indeed…

Yes, they simplified some puzzles, but they also added new content. Hazel Ellerby returned to do additional voices as Nicole for new segments where you also control Nicole. Dave Gibbons even did new artwork for it. The Director cut begins one day before the opening scene in the original version. You may wanna give the directors cut a miss, but you’ll be missing out.

I’d go with beating the game regularly and then replaying it again with the director’s cut version to get that little snippet of new gameplay and then just breezing through the other parts, as you just beat them.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

diego - 09 April 2013 04:36 PM

Just make sure you play the originals and NOT the so-called “Director’s cut” remakes - they’ve simplified the game, meaning they removed a good share of hot-spots from locations and made some puzzles easier.

Dag - 09 April 2013 10:39 PM

Yes, they simplified some puzzles, but they also added new content. Hazel Ellerby returned to do additional voices as Nicole for new segments where you also control Nicole. Dave Gibbons even did new artwork for it. The Director cut begins one day before the opening scene in the original version. You may wanna give the directors cut a miss, but you’ll be missing out.

I actually found the prologue when you play as Nico to be quite a lot of fun. It’s also the only time you get to play Nico in the entire game (I think).

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Siddhi - 10 April 2013 03:17 AM

I actually found the prologue when you play as Nico to be quite a lot of fun. It’s also the only time you get to play Nico in the entire game (I think).

No, the prologue is part of a new sub-plot that is woven into the original. There are several more segments throughout the game where you play as Nico.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 April 2013 02:42 AM

I’d go with beating the game regularly and then replaying it again with the director’s cut version to get that little snippet of new gameplay and then just breezing through the other parts, as you just beat them.

I was thinking more along the lines of just playing the originals (1-3), since those are the ones I own.
I’m not going to buy a Director’s Cut Edition when reactions to it are so mixed, and when I don’t even really care all that much for the originals (well, the first two at least, didn’t get the third one to work yet)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I played both the original and the director cut, but there where so many years between the two playthroughs that i never noticed what the difference actually was Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’d say The Director’s cuts are definitely worth playing, I enjoyed most of the new content. It’s a kind of a give and take deal, they removed some, but they added quite a bit more. If you’ve played the originals as many times as I have, then you’ll probably find the added gameplay quite refreshing.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top