• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A question about Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I was thinking about buying Amerzone which i have never played before, but then i discovered that it exists in two different versions.

The original Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy from 1999 and a 2011 version where it has been split up into 3 games.

Does anybody know what difference there is between the 2 versions. Are there any actual improvements in the 2011 version, or has it just been repackaged?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The game came on 3 CD’s when it was originally released and I think the IOS version is in 3 parts due to the size of the game.

I wasn’t aware that it was repackaged as 3 games. However I would think that it is the same game as the 1999 version.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thx

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

I don’t know if anybody else has had this issue, but I’ve had a terrible time getting the 1999 version to run on newer machines even in a compatibility mode.

One advantage of the newer version might be that if it’s updated for compatibility, it may be easier to get it to run without so much hassle. I don’t know if that’s the case or not, but with this particular game it would be a factor to consider.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

GOG has it in one piece—and they say it’s for Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I think the “new” version is for smartphones, not PCs. And the original one is very difficult to make it play in newer machines. I had to buy the GOG version to be able to play again. And it plays very nice.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thx everybody for the answers.

When i was talking about the “original” version i actually meant the GOG version, i should properly have clarified that in my post. So i’m not worried about any problems actually running the game, GOG games usually runs without any problems.

The 3 parts version for pc can be found on the Adventure Shop (and properly also other places), and i believe that this was made at the same time as it was ported to ios, and that the splinting into 3 parts follows the same split made for ios.

Unless somebody says otherwise, then i’m going to assume that there aren’t any actual differences, and buy the GOG version.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It is common for ios games to be broken into several parts to keep the price down ($9.95 for each part instead of $29.95).

Amerzone is a great game - but the complete full version is actually a pretty short game - so I’d get the full version to start with.

I don’t know if anybody else has had this issue, but I’ve had a terrible time getting the 1999 version to run on newer machines even in a compatibility mode.

I use “Virtual PC” to run old games with a copy of Windows 95 or XL. This almost always does the trick.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top