• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest licensing speculation

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Monolith’s friend of a friend who heard it from a friend is incorrect.

Frogacuda is correct; The KQ deal for Telltale has been dead for almost a year now.

Bt

NOTE FROM MANAGEMENT: This discussion started as a side conversation in this thread. You can go there to read the beginning of it if you need context. The gist is, a conversation about Telltale’s new game The Wolf Among Us spun into speculation about what (if anything) they’ll be doing with the King’s Quest license.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Thats sad. I really wanted to see what they would do with KQ.
But things like walking dead and fables are definitely more telltales style.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Frogacuda - 28 March 2013 08:41 AM

Telltale is probably at the top of that short list, but if they get priced out, then any hope of seeing a true adventure game in those series goes away.

Anything that Telltale made with the King’s Quest name on it wouldn’t be an adventure game.  Telltale doesn’t make adventure games.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Blackthorne - 31 March 2013 07:41 PM

Frogacuda is correct; The KQ deal for Telltale has been dead for almost a year now.

Bt

And how do you know that? Where is your proof? Or are you going to play the “I know something you don’t know” game?

Maybe it would be best if you stopped spreading unsubstantiated rumors about other developers, and instead focused on your own games. It reflects poorly on your own development team when you engage in this kind of stuff.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Quest1 - 31 March 2013 09:16 PM
Blackthorne - 31 March 2013 07:41 PM

Bt

And how do you know that? Where is your proof? Or are you going to play the “I know something you don’t know” game?

Maybe it would be best if you stopped spreading unsubstantiated rumors about other developers, and instead focused on your own games. It reflects poorly on your own development team when you engage in this kind of stuff.

I’m merely telling you what I know.  I’m not sullying Telltales name in anyway or disparaging them.  In fact, they make perfectly wonderful games.  I’m merely telling you not to expect King’s Quest from them.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Blackthorne - 31 March 2013 10:21 PM

I’m merely telling you what I know.  I’m not sullying Telltales name in anyway or disparaging them.  In fact, they make perfectly wonderful games.  I’m merely telling you not to expect King’s Quest from them.

Bt

No, you’re not. You’re spreading rumors in an “I know something you don’t know” way. Where is your evidence that the project is canceled? What are you basing your claim on? If you aren’t going to bother backing up your claims with evidence, then maybe you should refrain from pronouncing other developers’ projects dead while hiding behind an implication of having “secret inside” information.

How would you like it if other developers did that about your “Infamous Quests” games? Would you think that was very professional of them?

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Okay.  You don’t have to listen to me.  No one’s paying you to.  But I’m being straight with you.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Blackthorne - 31 March 2013 10:58 PM

Okay.  You don’t have to listen to me.  No one’s paying you to.  But I’m being straight with you.

Bt

And I note again that you fail back up your claim. Very tacky and unprofessional to make public posts like that about other teams.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yes, I offered no back up to my claim, as it is tacky and unprofessional to publish documents that do not belong in the public domain.

Again, I say, you do not have to listen to me.  But do not expect a King’s Quest game from Telltale.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

To quote tonight’s Game of Thrones: “It’s not slander if it’s true.”  Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Its not hard to see that the status of KQ with telltale has changed. They used to have a KQ logo on the site for upcoming projects, now they dont.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Well, if Telltale have moved on, it’s lucky you still have 3 episodes of The Silver Lining to get through, eh Quest1? Wink Tongue

Anyway adventure game or another The Walking Dead, either way, Fables sounds pretty fantastic.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed a year in Australia because of dodgy ratings reasons like The Walking Dead (on PS3). Telltale stuffed up on that one.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Telltale was biding time to look into reacquiring the rights, after having lost them.  But for the good of the King’s Quest series, I can only hope they get “priced out” as someone earlier put it.

@Quest1: MtnPeak, is that you?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Blackthorne - 31 March 2013 11:10 PM

Yes, I offered no back up to my claim, as it is tacky and unprofessional to publish documents that do not belong in the public domain.

Again, I say, you do not have to listen to me.  But do not expect a King’s Quest game from Telltale.

Bt

So now you are suggesting that you have inside documents? You know what, maybe you should just refrain from commenting on this if you are unable to back it up.

“Hey, guys. Take it from me, the project is dead. I can’t tell you how I know, but I have these documents to prove it. But since I am such a professional guy who respects others’ privacy, I can’t publish them. So I’ll just leave my unsubstantiated rumors to stand out there and I’ll let you all speculate on how I might know this information or what exactly the information is. *wink,wink*”

Blackthorne, what you are doing is just as tacky as posting your alleged inside documents. With all due respect, maybe you should try to act more professionally while representing Infamous Quests and either put up or shut up.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

A.A - 31 March 2013 11:15 PM

Well, if Telltale have moved on, it’s lucky you still have 3 episodes of The Silver Lining to get through, eh Quest1? Wink Tongue

Hehehe. I might prefer Telltale at this point, and I’m not a huge fan of Telltale’s move away from adventure gaming.

Ok, sorry, didn’t mean to sidetrack the discussion. This thread is supposed to be able the Fables game.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Wow, you’re angry.  Like I said, sir, you don’t have to listen to me.  If you want to hold on to this, go right ahead.  If it’s what you need.

Now, I suppose this is a thread for Fables/The Wolf Among Us, so if you really must engage me more about this, you can email me or send me a PM at Infamous Quests.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top