• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tim Schafer quits Double Fine

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just read on the Internet that Tim Schafer quits Double Fine Adventures as of today. In a short interview Schafer said that he has serious doubts about the viability of the game Broken Age which is currently in development in the Double Fine studios. “Broken Age is a sad story,” he told the journalist. “Most of the adventure games we made in Telltale were funny stories with very extreme characters. Now all of a sudden we are making a love story with complicated characters that have intricate pasts and layered personalities. I can’t handle that. I didn’t know it when we started, but it turns out that I have severe difficulties with the story now that I see the characters on the screen. They are too real for me. They give me nightmares!”
Schafer will now join Aaron Conners and Chris Jones. Together they will make a small text adventure in which Tex Murphy will try to shed light on the mysterious circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Meche from the Number Nine during its trip to the Ninth Underworld.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

LOL.

I wonder what day it is today?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

God, I hate April Fool’s Day.
Angry

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Happy April Fool’s Day! Smile

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Almost got me for a couple of seconds. Good one. Tongue

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Saw it coming a mile away. Just like that Google Nose thing. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 02 April 2013 06:24 AM

Saw it coming a mile away. Just like that Google Nose thing. Tongue

Says he one day after I posted it Tongue. How long did you search the Internet for the interview?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 02 April 2013 08:45 AM

Says he one day after I posted it Tongue. How long did you search the Internet for the interview?

Pan Pan Pan

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top