• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

High Hopes

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ahem..

yes ,with all the news about the come back of the greatest developers in the history of Adventure Gaming i become so excited day by day and hoping/seeing the next year (2013) will be a big hit for the Adventure scene ,it will be more like 1993 (the best year of Adventure Gaming).

and even plus those great developers of the old time, the idea seems more intriguing by many great titles in the horizon.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I don’t know if I would say 1993 was the best year ever for adventures, but then again I can’t really check up on what was released when before the filter is implemented into the database. Personally many of my own favorite adventures came out 95 - 97, but I guess at that point there weren’t released as many, so the sheer number of titles released in the early 90’s will always make those years seem better.

Anyway, that’s besides the point. YES, it looks like adventures are headed for good times - I’m also very excited :-)

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 31 May 2012 03:26 PM

I don’t know if I would say 1993 was the best year ever for adventures, but then again I can’t really check up on what was released when before the filter is implemented into the database.

Check out the nice database at pagoda. http://www.pagodagamedatabase.com/years.php

Personally many of my own favorite adventures came out 95 - 97, but I guess at that point there weren’t released as many, so the sheer number of titles released in the early 90’s will always make those years seem better.

As a matter of fact, more adventures were released in the mid and late 90’s. My favorite period as well.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I guess I’m an idiot then, but nice to know - thanks Fien :-)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

While there’s been a deficit in impressive games being released in 2012, all the adventure related news has been making me giddy. So much so that I almost think the world might actually end in December.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

thejobloshow - 31 May 2012 08:37 PM

While there’s been a deficit in impressive games being released in 2012, all the adventure related news has been making me giddy. So much so that I almost think the world might actually end in December.

Yeah, I had hopes for 2012 too. But so far there’s been very little that has been good. Botanicula is all I’ve liked, the rest I’ve played - JULIA, Corrosion, Dark Secrets, Captain Morgane, Miskatonic - have been either really bad or just average.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 31 May 2012 05:05 PM

I guess I’m an idiot then, but nice to know - thanks Fien :-)

i double that!

i havent any knowledge about that link which offers a great (organized) details about all the Adventures ... Thanks Fien

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 01 June 2012 12:23 AM

Yeah, I had hopes for 2012 too. But so far there’s been very little that has been good.

Ditto, but let’s not forget the delay of German titles like Harvey’s New Eyes, The Critter Chronicles… And I still haven’t played Daedalic’s Deponia and The Dark Eye.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Deponia was really fun to play.looking forward to the sequel.I haven’t started The Dark Eye yet but i’ve heard many good comments about it.we’ll see

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

First of all, my favourite titles were released late 90’s (97-99) so, this is what I consider the best adventure game period.
Secondly, many really GREAT games were released already this year, including Resonance, Botanicula, Deponia, Chains of Satinav, even TWD series. Let’s not be ungrateful about them.+ it’s still September.

Oscar - 01 June 2012 12:23 AM

Yeah, I had hopes for 2012 too. But so far there’s been very little that has been good. Botanicula is all I’ve liked, the rest I’ve played - JULIA, Corrosion, Dark Secrets, Captain Morgane, Miskatonic - have been either really bad or just average.

Wasn’t you the one who praised Deponia as a really nice surprise in the Daedelic thread a month ago? Wink

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

He is, but I resurrected a thread 3 months old. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sefir - 07 September 2012 06:51 PM

Wasn’t you the one who praised Deponia as a really nice surprise in the Daedelic thread a month ago? Wink

Indeed. That, and Amber’s Blood were my only two worthwhile games of 2012 - the only ones I’d buy again if I had a choice. I expect (with ‘High Hopes’) Testament of Sherlock Holmes to be the third, and AGON 5 the fourth if it comes out, which is unlikely.

Still a fairly poor year in terms of value for $. 2013 is bound to be a triumph in comparison.

edit: forgot Botanicula, I enjoyed that too Wink

(Then again, Lousiana Adventure, Five Cores, Murder in Tehran’s Alleys, Secret Files 3, Relics 2, Jack Keane 2 might all turn out to be masterpieces and I’ll be banished to the Dungeon of Shame for the rest of my days.)

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 07 September 2012 06:57 PM

He is, but I resurrected a thread 3 months old. Grin

OMG!!! Grin

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

There are many great games to look foward too, but i dont think 2012 has been an outright bad year for AG. It did start slow but Daedalic and Wadjet came to out rescue with some great games, and as Sefir said: It is still september, so we can still hope:)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 07 September 2012 06:51 PM

First of all, my favourite titles were released late 90’s (97-99) so, this is what I consider the best adventure game period.
/quote]

man i wasnt claiming my taste or any’s here these are just facts, ‘93 was that year were Adventuring Boomed like never before or after,and it was ahead of all other Gaming Genres !

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Myst
Simon the Sorcerer 1
Day of the Tentacle
Space Quest 5: The Next Mutation
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness
Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes
Goblins 3
Pepper’s Adventures in Time! ..... and More Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Yes… many great titles released in ‘93.
Late 97-98’s had also their great moments though…
(Riven,GF,Blade Runner,Zork Grand Inquisitor,Sanitarium,The Space Bar,The Last Express,Monkey Island 3,Broken Sword 2,The Feeble Files,Little Big Adventure are the most notable ones)
I guess that the main difference is the fact that in the late 90s the sales of adventure games had declined and despite the great quality of the prementioned games, most of them sold poorly at their time. In 93’s adventure games were still well sold…
Nowadays, adventure games sellings are back to normal, especially in Europe. (not sure if they reached the 93’s levels though. With the Kickstarter project fundings however, perhaps they even surpassed that.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top