• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recommendations thread .. (Ask or Advice) 

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Funny thing, lacking “spirit” is another way i could describe what i think the main problem with Zerzura is Wink

But i get your point Advie, there are similarities between the two games, and anyone who like one will most likely also like the other.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Art of murder is not a great series to play or lets say most people here who had not play it didnt miss anything big.. but i wanted to say something (for a long while and it wasn’t worth making a thread for) that the 3rd part Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny which rated the with 2 stars and a half here at AG , is a game that worth it!! and the best of the series a well…

one of the things i can mention/remember about it that make it different than part 1 and 2 that it can not (in anyway) be described as it has that casual theme of the previouses parts .

anyone played it would agree with me here?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 21 March 2013 09:51 AM
Iznogood - 21 March 2013 09:29 AM

BTW I was thinking about buying Haunted myself, based on your description I asume you can recomend it?

yes go for it ,with no doubt certainly

Never listening to your advice again advie. I had nothing to play so I got Haunted… and it’s terrible. Bad writing, animation, puzzles, everything. I’m only on the 2nd chapter but I don’t see it getting better.

In summary: If you like good adventure games, I do not recommend Haunted. The fact that this game got the same score (3.5 stars) as Curse of Monkey Island suggests that standards are dropping around here fast.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 26 May 2013 07:17 AM
Advie - 21 March 2013 09:51 AM
Iznogood - 21 March 2013 09:29 AM

BTW I was thinking about buying Haunted myself, based on your description I asume you can recomend it?

yes go for it ,with no doubt certainly

Never listening to your advice again advie.

lol,
i dont know why i laughed when i saw this but..

this game is getting better Oscar ,(esp. you that say only at Chapter 2) even on ... the Grumpy Adventurer’s scale Wink

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Never listening to your advice again advie. I had nothing to play so I got Haunted… and it’s terrible. Bad writing, animation, puzzles, everything. I’m only on the 2nd chapter but I don’t see it getting better.

In summary: If you like good adventure games, I do not recommend Haunted. The fact that this game got the same score (3.5 stars) as Curse of Monkey Island suggests that standards are dropping around here fast.

Well I actually did like it, so I might listen to Advie again Smile

I do agree that it is not as good as Curse, but that says more about Curse (and the rating standards) then about Haunted. It is not one of the best games i have played, but it is imo in the high end of the recent releases, and an overall enjoyable game. And as Advie said it gets better after a while, especially after you get more Ghosts than Oscar, though it doesn’t change in to a completely different game.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Iznogood - 26 May 2013 08:14 AM

Well I actually did like it, so I might listen to Advie again Smile

I do agree that it is not as good as Curse, but that says more about Curse (and the rating standards) then about Haunted. It is not one of the best games i have played, but it is imo in the high end of the recent releases, and an overall enjoyable game. And as Advie said it gets better after a while, especially after you get more Ghosts than Oscar, though it doesn’t change in to a completely different game.

High end? What’s on your low end?  Cool

Voice acting could have made it a lot better. For example, I changed my mind about A Vampire Story because the voice actors were good.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oscar - 26 May 2013 08:34 AM

High end? What’s on your low end?  Cool

TWD Tongue

Oscar - 26 May 2013 08:34 AM

Voice acting could have made it a lot better…

Well it wont win any awards for voice acting, but as strange as it might sound, i actually found that the voice acting got better later in the game…..or perhaps it just stopped bothering me, not quite sure which is the case

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The main girl has this “do I have to read this script? Well okay” feel to it.

I should say something nice now, I feel mean. Umm… it looks nice? Yeah. Feel better now Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Advie - 11 April 2013 01:13 PM

Art of murder is not a great series to play or lets say most people here who had not play it didnt miss anything big.. but i wanted to say something (for a long while and it wasn’t worth making a thread for) that the 3rd part Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny which rated the with 2 stars and a half here at AG , is a game that worth it!! and the best of the series a well…

one of the things i can mention/remember about it that make it different than part 1 and 2 that it can not (in anyway) be described as it has that casual theme of the previouses parts .

anyone played it would agree with me here?

Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny is an excellent adventure. It’s not perfect but it’s so much better than the first game that I really hoped they’d keep doing them, rarely have sequels so clearly gotten better. I think the first game is just playable, it has some interesting things in the story and it isn’t god awful but I wouldn’t really recommend it for anyone (unless they were very patient and wanted to play the whole series).

The second game imo is already better than the first but it’s not excellent. I think I rated them like this:

FBI Confidential 2½/5
Hunt for the Puppeteer 3+/5
Cards of Destiny 4/5

I think the third game improves especially in gameplay and puzzles, the story itself is not that much better. Every game is a decent murder mustery and they kinda suffer from a bit underwhelming endings. But honestly I think all crime adventure fans should play at least Cards of Destiny.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am glad that someone had noticed how underrated that one is,
though i kinda think that the 2nd part is the worst of the series , i mean i like you ratings (more) if we exchanged the FBI Confidential with Hunt for the Puppeteer.
but anyhow ..
Thanks for agreeing here with me millenia Wink

also i would like to mention a Game (series) The Dream Machine (yea ‘go and get it!!!’ ,that i felt was getting better with each Episode or Sequel it is obvious at The Dream Machine Ep.3 was the better one.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Advie - 27 May 2013 01:54 PM

I am glad that someone had noticed how underrated that one is,
though i kinda think that the 2nd part is the worst of the series , i mean i like you ratings (more) if we exchanged the FBI Confidential with Hunt for the Puppeteer.
but anyhow ..
Thanks for agreeing here with me millenia Wink

I know that some people seem to prefer the first game’s story and atmosphere but gameplaywise it is quite clearly the weakest. I personally got so bored during the first game that I didn’t even finish it initially. I had much more fun playing the later games even though Hunt for the Puppeteer was still far from perfect (I wouldn’t have even touched the sequels if I hadn’t heard that the series gets much better). But anyway, Cards of Destiny is so much more full-fledged adventure with varying puzzles, more free movement and locations that I was really impressed by the makers’ ability to evolve and learn from their mistakes.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

P.Rhodan isn’t bad at all. But not great either. Although it’s supposed to have a sci-fi theme, it didn’t give me the impression it was sci-fi after all. It’s not about the graphics or the story. It’s mostly about the feeling of the “unknown”, which P.Rhodan failed to give me. Although it had the potential to do so, it evolved more like a detective story than a “lost-ancient-alien civilization” one.

If you like sci-fi games, I’d definitely suggest “Universe”. The graphics and the atmosphere are outstanding (for its era). And the difficulty level is just fine. The only minus would be that it has a few bugs in directing the hero. I’d love a remake of this game and “The Dig”.

Talking about sci-fi, Shadow of Nebula looks promising!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyone can me tell anything about Dream chamber ?
is not worth it right?, doesn’t look anything like Microids !

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

can anyone recommend some sci-fi adventure games, but not those with millions of alien races and different worlds, but a bit more “real”? i dont know if “real” is the word i should be using, but something like the dig for example? or rama?

i guess the word i was searching for isn’t really “real”, its “first contact”... Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

those are real but whithout the alien races part:
Perry Rhodan (if you can run it!, its cool)
Nightlong a union Conspiracy (‘97 still holds its glamour)
The Moment of Silence (if played not then you should)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top