• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down (update: Al Lowe’s okay with it)

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

Just wondering what the big difference is between the new Larry announced on Kickstarter and the VGA remake a while back?

Noticed on the Kickstarter video they showed no clips of that version - which still stands up ok today graphics wise

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Elsewhere, though, he explained that he had a one game license and that he was being given that license on a sort of “trial basis” for a remake only, and that Vivendi wanted to see how they did before committing to allow them to make more.

Fiery Phoenix - 09 June 2012 10:55 AM

Just wondering what the big difference is between the new Larry announced on Kickstarter and the VGA remake a while back?

Noticed on the Kickstarter video they showed no clips of that version - which still stands up ok today graphics wise

The VGA remake was more of a straight adaptation of the original for a point and click interface, with the same puzzles, locations, dialog, etc, largely unchanged.

The new one is a more liberal remake and will have new areas, rewritten dialog, new/changed puzzles, and a new girl with her own subplot. I think it’ll still follow the same basic outline, but it’s a looser remake, with a mind toward polishing up some of what Al didn’t like about the original.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Frogacuda - 09 June 2012 10:58 AM

Elsewhere, though, he explained that he had a one game license and that he was being given that license on a sort of “trial basis” for a remake only…

Oh, ok, that’s interesting to know then.

Frogacuda - 09 June 2012 10:58 AM

...and that Vivendi wanted to see how they did before committing to allow them to make more.

Just a minor correction here, Vivendi doesn’t own the LSL IP any longer, they sold it off completely to the independent studio Codemasters, which is where Replay is currently licencing the rights from.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Jatsie - 09 June 2012 11:05 AM

Just a minor correction here, Vivendi doesn’t own the LSL IP any longer, they sold it off completely to the independent studio Codemasters, which is where Replay is currently licencing the rights from.

Yeah, I know this. Vivendi Games doesn’t even exist anymore. I’m just sleepy.

I remember at the time being kind of offended that the guys making Box Office Bust would be so tentative about handing over the rights to the series as if they needed to see if they could meet the high standard codemasters achieved. But now I kind of get it, this guy’s a little iffy.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

jhetfield21 - 09 June 2012 07:17 AM

stepurhan for starters how can speculation be positive in a topic like this?

Which was the point I was trying to make, and why we have asked that the speculation stop.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top