• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s a bit old news but I only recently stumbled upon this game from Starbreeze (Chronicles of Riddick; The Darkness).
It looks like an interesting new adventure, the twist being the control method were the player controls both brothers at same time with analog sticks. Also each brother handles the interactions with world in their own way. This could be the basis for some original puzzles.
The story revolves around a search for medicine for the brothers dying father.

Gameplay trailer

Interview with the creator

I tried to find an adventuregamers article or thread about it, feel free to pan me if missed them

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’m really looking forward to this.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

My biggest concern is that it’s Starbreeze developing the game. Syndicate was horrible and The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena was a huge disappointment compared to the original game.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I haven’t tried Syndicate (is it related to the 1993 Syndicate in any way?), but I was also disappointed by The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. What I’ve seen from Brothers looks very promising though.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Syndicate is a “reboot” of the Bullfrog classic, but bares little to no resemblance to the original game.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Ah okay. I used to play the original on the Amiga ages ago, I did like it, but my friends were more into it than I was. I guess I’ll stay clear of the reboot then Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, Starbreeze games after the original Riddick weren’t very good… Although I’ve read some nice things about The Darkness (never tried it) They should never have tried a FPS reboot of a classic action/strategy franchise.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I played the demo of The Darkness, I got the impression that it was a decent FPS, but I don’t like playing FPS’s on a console (as far as I know, there’s no PC-version). I also prefer realistic shooters over those that have monsters and stuff in them Tongue

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Check this walkthrough if you guys still not convinced, i know i am Smile

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/b3993u/brothers—a-tale-of-two-sons-exclusive-mountain-walkthrough

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yep, I’m convinced, that looked pretty cool. Some Ico vibes from it

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks for sharing this!  .. but doesn’t it seem like more for consoles than PC .

edit: i didn’t notice Dag’s post as it answers this

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game comes out today on XBLA. I don’t think I’ve a release date for Steam/PSN so I’ll have to wait…
The reviews are positive so far. Charming game and story, not very challenging.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

One of the best games I’ve ever played.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 March 2013 04:37 PM

Yes, Starbreeze games after the original Riddick weren’t very good… Although I’ve read some nice things about The Darkness (never tried it) They should never have tried a FPS reboot of a classic action/strategy franchise.

Big miss man….

Almost as emotionally sound narrative as Lastofus imo. Sequel was great too though
different in direction, Darkness is my fav comic character.

Dont blame Sbreeze for Syndicate , everything EA touches turn to shit.
Sbreeze dont have all the Bbay or Darkness original members.

VinDiesel in recent interview said that he is gathering original BBAy team for Riddick MMO. Frown

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I don’t see how it’s EA’s fault that Starbreeze made Syndicate as bad as it was. Not every EA game is shit, at all. They have many competent studios working for them, so blaming them for Starbreezes failure just because you like some of the studios previous games seems odd, unless you have any proof that EA did something especially heinous that resulted in this mess of a game.

Concerning Brothers, this seems like a must-buy once it comes out on PSN. I wonder if the game will have a platinum trophy or not. It seems like a game just big enough in production value that it could go either way, but more PSN releases seems to have them these days so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 August 2013 07:18 PM

Concerning Brothers, this seems like a must-buy once it comes out on PSN. I wonder if the game will have a platinum trophy or not. It seems like a game just big enough in production value that it could go either way, but more PSN releases seems to have them these days so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Seems there’s only bronze, silver and gold
I’m eagerly awaiting it’s release on PSN aswell.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top