• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kickstarter reflection of succesful games in production

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

I might have pledged later, but the Paypal offerings missed a lot of stuff that the Kickstarter backers had - which I understand in terms of physical media, but stuff like the PDF design bibles or digital soundtracks seemed a bit crazy. 

I emailed them about it and didn’t get a reply, so it’s like they don’t want my money Meh  Bit too late for me to really care about it now.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Anyone have a list of the failed adventure games on Kickstarter? The ones that didn’t reach the target in time. Are there any yet?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d love to see a list like that as well, infact I’d love to see a good, sorted list of success and failures by game genre. It’s just difficult as KS makes browsing failed projects a bit hard.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

The one’s I’m aware of.

Rob Sweigert’s Portal (twice)
Papier Adventure
Sam Suede
Devil’s Cove
AR-K
Hexit
Inherit the Earth 2

And Pendulo Studio’s Day One failed pretty badly on ulule.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A.A - 20 March 2013 08:17 AM

The one’s I’m aware of.

Rob Sweigert’s Portal (twice)
Inherit the Earth 2

I had no idea about these. Would have contributed to both if I had.

The Capri Connection will be another to add, probably. Not finished yet but almost halfway gone and only 2.5k out of 30.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar - 20 March 2013 07:44 AM

Anyone have a list of the failed adventure games on Kickstarter? The ones that didn’t reach the target in time. Are there any yet?

Adventure-treff has an excellent list of all KS adventures (Indiegogo too), including failed/succeeded projects, and they keep it up-to-date.

http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=475159#p475159

You don’t need to speak German to read the list and click on the links.

Crash course German:

Laufend = Active
Abgebrochen = Canceled
Abgeschlossen =  Ended
Erfolgreich = Successful
Nicht erfolgreich = Failed

PS: Rock, Paper, Shotgun does a weekly overview of game related Kickstarter projects. Incomplete (read the “rules”), but not only adventures.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/kickstarter-katchup/

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Fien - 20 March 2013 09:06 AM

Adventure-treff has an excellent list of all KS adventures (Indiegogo too), including failed/succeeded projects, and they keep it up-to-date.

http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=475159#p475159

You don’t need to speak German to read the list and click on the ...

That’s a great compilation. I hope all that info gets added to this (English language) Facebook page and upcoming blog specifically deigned to keep adventure gamers informed of all the latest and upcoming adventure game funding campaigns:

http://www.facebook.com/kickstartventuresblog

Very nice to have places devoted only to Kickstarter (and indiegogo) adventure game funding-related stuff.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That is a nice list indeed.

On an another note, I just spend a minute reading Hero-u messages and Corey Cole said there, that they might do an another fund raiser with something more concrete to show, like a playable demo.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

tomimt - 20 March 2013 10:19 AM

That is a nice list indeed.

On an another note, I just spend a minute reading Hero-u messages and Corey Cole said there, that they might do an another fund raiser with something more concrete to show, like a playable demo.

Whoah. Another Kickstarter? Is it unprecedented to use Kickstarter twice for the same project? I wish them the best, but that worries me a bit. Well, they better darn well have something concrete and fabulous and jaw-dropping to show and they better have everything all planned out this time so they don’t have to come back a *third* time.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think there has been some projects that have returned to get more money for post production stuff. I remember seeing at least one documentary that returned to ask a bit more money for music licensing, editing and overall polishing.

But I don’t know how common that really is.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

It happens sometimes, yes.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I decided to bumb this up, as there’s now official release frame for LSL:R, which should come out in may, so that’s good news in general for KS adeventure games.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hey there, I saw someone mention Quest For Infamy, and considering that’s my game - I figured I’d check in here.

Progress is rolling along on the game, really well.  It is definitely tricky to navigate producing a game on a low-budget post-Kickstarter.  We were lucky we had 10 years of experience making games for no-budget as Infamous Adventures. 

It’s definitely a challenge, but I know everyone working on our game is doing it because they want to make a good game; at the end of the day, we just want to create a fun and enjoyable game for people to play.

If you haven’t picked up the new demo, you can get it here - http://www.QuestForInfamy.com - it’s fully voiced and playable.

Now, I know the combat in it seems pretty simple - the version of the combat engine that made it in the demo is v 2.0.  We’re actually up to a 4th revision of it now, and hopefully the final version will be the best it can be.  Each class will have something a little different to interact with in combat - and we’ve been having fun creating different magic spells, attacks and other goodies for battle.  We wanted to have something that would appeal to RPG players, but also adventure gamers who don’t like traditional arcade sequences.  Also, the pre-battle protocols add even more of an adventure depth… there are ways to trick and avoid your enemies to avoid combat, and still gain some stats for doing so.

I can tell you we’re a dedicated bunch of game creators - and we’re not just game makers, we’re rabid adventure fans.

So, if you haven’t picked up the Demo 2.0 - check it out.  It’s not a bad afternoon’s worth of gaming, I think!

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Thanks from the nice update BT. I tried the demo and the game does seem to be pretty funny. The voice actor for Roehm is pretty good as well.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Thanks!  The voice actor who plays Roehm is an absolutely delight…. a fun bonus feature will probably be all the outtakes he produced.  They’re really funny.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top