• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Guess who?

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’m getting ganged up on!

But I have to admit, in the face of overwhelming evidence, that I’m wrong. I was going to go through UAKM to get the right shot but, obviously, I’d be wasting my time. I was certain I knew exactly where that snapshot came from but, in my defence, I am going for an eye test this coming Tuesday   Cool

And Zobraks, I do think you are correct about the collar. The next time I play UAKM I’ll keep a look out for that.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 21 March 2013 09:22 AM

Now, it’s your turn for a FMV quiz! Grin

HA!

One of the reasons I knew the quiz will not be quite easy is because you can’t really easily gather all games that have “actors” in them - they’re not only full FMVs, but could be even 2D cartoonish games like Toonstruck Smile

Rest assured, I put Toonstruck on my FMV list years ago. Along with games like Adventure at the Chateau d’Or, Gord@k, Blobjob. My list is very long, even longer after your quiz, but far from complete. I relied on my list too much.

Fien - 21 March 2013 05:19 AM

All you people who guessed Ghostly Desires and Viy: A Story Told Anew, you have my complete admiration!

Guilty as charged! Yeah, they’re total obscurities (I’m not sure if I’ve heard of Ghostly Desires before creating the quiz)

I didn’t mean it that way. Of course you should include hard-to-guess pics from obscure games in a big quiz like yours. My point is that 6 people succeeded where I failed. Six! I don’t know how they did it, but I do know I wouldn’t have been able to identify Viy if I’d been at it non-stop for 24 hours.

Fien - 21 March 2013 05:19 AM

Isn’t it ironic that I totally missed #25 and correctly identified The Black Circle…

Well, not so much - as I said, it’s one of those pics I pulled by myself

True, but I KNEW I’d seen that guy before! I dismissed Carol Reed because I felt two CR pics was enough for any quiz (sorry, Zobraks) and I didn’t bother to check. And of course a portrait or a newspaper photo doesn’t have to be from a real FMV game.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 20 March 2013 04:33 PM

Thank you everyone for taking part in the quiz!

You’re . The pleasure was ours.

chrissie - 20 March 2013 04:46 PM

Congratulations ...

, Chrisse! You did extremely well too.

Fien - 22 March 2013 05:40 AM

My list is very long, even longer after your quiz, but far from complete. I relied on my list too much.

Perhaps your list is/was too big for your own good. I mean, most of the games that featured in Diego’s quiz were quite well-known, so you lost your time on some obscure games while the folks who don’t have a big list trawled through a few titles they knew and hit a jackpot.

All you people who guessed Ghostly Desires and Viy: A Story Told Anew, you have my complete admiration!

My point is that 6 people succeeded where I failed. Six! I don’t know how they did it, but I do know I wouldn’t have been able to identify Viy if I’d been at it non-stop for 24 hours.

Maybe it will console you to know that at first I had thought the vampiress was from Relics: Dark Hours, and then I thought better and remembered Viy.

Oh, and getting Ghostly Desires was quite easy for me and all the other BAT games fans.
(No, it’s not BAT as in B.A.T. 2: The Koshan Conspiracy.)

I dismissed Carol Reed because I felt two CR pics was enough for any quiz (sorry, Zobraks) and I didn’t bother to check.

Never dismiss Carol Reed when it comes to FMV/photo quizzes! BTW, I had a hard time remembering Evald Zodel, but from the first moment I saw #25 I knew I had seen that face before.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 22 March 2013 06:07 AM

Perhaps your list is/was too big for your own good. I mean, most of the games that featured in Diego’s quiz were quite well-known, so you lost your time on some obscure games while the folks who don’t have a big list trawled through a few titles they knew and hit a jackpot.

You’re saying you score 71 out of 80 by trawling through A FEW titles you knew?
Oh. Tell me, which ones did you miss?

Maybe it will console you to know that at first I had thought the vampiress was from Relics: Dark Hours, and then I thought better and remembered Viy.

You REMEMBERED Viy.
I “lost my time on some obscure games” and you REMEMBERED Viy. I rest my case.

PS: Never heard of Relics: Dark Hours. This is not good for my ego.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 22 March 2013 06:24 AM
zobraks - 22 March 2013 06:07 AM

You’re saying you score 71 out of 80 by trawling through A FEW titles you knew?

No. I have a HUGE list like you (maybe it’s even bigger than yours - no pun intended ), but I handle it better than you do and I guess I have a slightly better memory than you do.

Tell me, which ones did you miss?

Here you go: Surface: Mystery of Another World, The Adventures of Pinocchio, ...

Oh, wait a minute, that’s a top secret.

You REMEMBERED Viy.
I “lost my time on some obscure games” and you REMEMBERED Viy. I rest my case.

Good point.

PS: Never heard of Relics: Dark Hours. This is not good for my ego.

Hey, there are about 2 000 AGs out there, don’t be depressed if you missed a couple of them.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I take back my sarcastic remark. Thanks for the PM. Very enlightening. Smile

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Fien,
I used the excellent FMV list you compiled and posted at JA way back when.  It served me well, and I just added a bunch of new ones as I came across them during this quiz.  Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My point is that 6 people succeeded where I failed. Six! I don’t know how they did it, but I do know I wouldn’t have been able to identify Viy if I’d been at it non-stop for 24 hours.

I had Viy on my list, and would probably have gotten it if it weren’t misspelled on my list. Tongue
It was spelled “Vij: The Story Retold” so I only found two sites with screens for it, and I didn’t find it on the bigger sites.

But I can’t complain. My list is still a work in progress, and at least I now found nearly half of the screenshots where that used to be less than 10%. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 March 2013 11:46 AM

Fien,
I used the excellent FMV list you compiled and posted at JA way back when.  It served me well, and I just added a bunch of new ones as I came across them during this quiz.  Thumbs Up

Glad at least one person benefited from that list, which was less incomplete than my current one (not counting the more recent FMV games). I don’t have it anymore, it was on an irreparably damaged hard disk.

Looking forward to:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top