• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Guess who?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oops, forgot to include your latest batch in that statistics! Fixed! Foot in mouth

SweetDalilah - 20 March 2013 05:16 PM

Now diego, where are those prizes

Free FMV! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 20 March 2013 05:54 PM

Oops, forgot to include your latest batch in that statistics! Fixed! Foot in mouth

SweetDalilah - 20 March 2013 05:16 PM

Now diego, where are those prizes

Free FMV! Tongue

That’s not fair, I already know that game Shifty Eyed Grin

Prizes like the ones we regularly get in Caption Contest would be better (And writing captions takes less effort than guessing games) We all deserve them Tongue Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

kate me - 20 March 2013 05:21 PM

Yeah, Sweet D is right! you promissed a party!

First, I’m waiting for the rest of the players to see if I screwed their scores also Frown Grin

SweetDalilah - 20 March 2013 06:07 PM

That’s not fair, I already know that game Shifty Eyed Grin

Two more! - 1 and 2

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 20 March 2013 05:49 PM

I was extremely happy with guessing 38 out of 80. And then you had to crush that by posting the results of the others… Shifty Eyed

Which reminds me: How on earth, YOU of all the people failed to recognize Brad Dourif on #4? Tongue

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think you gave me an extra point, Diego.  I had guessed Under a Killing Moon instead of The Pandora Directive for #68, but you counted it right.  By my count I have 69 points.

It’s very strange, but I don’t remember the #13 character from ZGI at all.  Did he have something to do with the skull of Yorick?

Anyway, thanks for giving the brain cells a thorough scouring.  It was wonderful torture fun.  Laughing

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 20 March 2013 08:49 PM

I think you gave me an extra point, Diego.  I had guessed Under a Killing Moon instead of The Pandora Directive for #68

Nope, that one is on purpose - due to the extreme similarities in Tex outfits in UAKM & The Pandora Directive, I’ve realized it would be fair (and easier for me Smile) to give point to anyone who recognizes Tex, instead of thwarting with couple of PMs. Wink (truth to be told, somewhere on the road I forgot the exact game I took that shot from Grin)

Lady Kestrel - 20 March 2013 08:49 PM

It’s very strange, but I don’t remember the #13 character from ZGI at all.

The guard. Wink Fun fact: At least 2-3 players thought this game might be Hamlet.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 20 March 2013 09:03 PM

(truth to be told, somewhere on the road I forgot the exact game I took that shot from Grin)

That’s funny, but I confess to having the same thing happen to me during a MM tournament several years ago.  I couldn’t remember where I found the screenshot either, so needless to say I was very relieved when somebody guessed it correctly.  Since then I’ve learned to label my pics better.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Thanks for a wonderful quiz, Diego! And your many PMs. Smile

For once, I gave it all I’ve got. I spent an incredible amount of time compiling a list of FMV adventures and searching the Internet. It paid off, cause sixty out of eighty is great when compared to my scores on previous quizzes. I guessed lots of pics from games I haven’t played. But in the end eleven of the games I missed were not on my list. I now realize that I spent hours trying to identify pics from games I didn’t know existed and that’s a sobering thought. I’m not going to do that again. All you people who guessed Ghostly Desires and Viy: A Story Told Anew, you have my complete admiration! I hope there will me more quizzes, but for me the fun is mostly in guessing pics from games I have played.

PS: I played one Carol Reed game (and will never play another one), The Colour of Murder. Isn’t it ironic that I totally missed #25 and correctly identified The Black Circle…

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 20 March 2013 07:42 PM

Which reminds me: How on earth, YOU of all the people failed to recognize Brad Dourif on #4? Tongue

I didn’t.
I just realized after checking my PM’s that THAT was why I initially said 39 out of 80… Foot in mouth
Was convinced that I gave that answer in my first batch (and didn’t bother to double-check afterwards). Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks everyone!

Lady Kestrel - 20 March 2013 09:22 PM

I couldn’t remember where I found the screenshot either, so needless to say I was very relieved when somebody guessed it correctly.

Grin I’ve been in the same situation couple of times. Luckily, the contestants were up to the task. Grin

Fien - 21 March 2013 05:19 AM

Thanks for a wonderful quiz, Diego! And your many PMs. Smile

Thanks! Now, it’s your turn for a FMV quiz! Grin

But in the end eleven of the games I missed were not on my list.

One of the reasons I knew the quiz will not be quite easy is because you can’t really easily gather all games that have “actors” in them - they’re not only full FMVs, but could be even 2D cartoonish games like Toonstruck Smile

All you people who guessed Ghostly Desires and Viy: A Story Told Anew, you have my complete admiration!

Guilty as charged! Yeah, they’re total obscurities (I’m not sure if I’ve heard of Ghostly Desires before creating the quiz) - it’s also funny how by accident Ghostly Desires turned out to be next to Ghosts in the quiz, and couple of guessers even guessed “Ghosts” for Ghostly Desires pic.

Isn’t it ironic that I totally missed #25 and correctly identified The Black Circle…

Well, not so much - as I said, it’s one of those pics I pulled by myself:

and I’m sure black&white; colors didn’t help either. Naughty

TimovieMan - 21 March 2013 07:33 AM

Was convinced that I gave that answer in my first batch (and didn’t bother to double-check afterwards). Meh

Oh. I aimed to put some movie actors in quiz, so people can trace those games that way, too. And only recently you were talking about Brad Dourif in another thread when I learned he’s also “that guy” from “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”. Grin (even though I’ve seen the movie recently but couldn’t tie things up).

SweetDalilah - 20 March 2013 06:07 PM

Prizes like the ones we regularly get in Caption Contest would be better

During the quiz making, I’ve had this idea to put couple of non-adventure FMV games as a Bonus section (the other idea for a Bonus were box covers). One of these “extras” was to be the legendary Mad Dog Mccree Grin Now, let’s put it to good use:

- All male contestants get the pic of a saloon lady!

- And female contestants get the lovely, charming prospector! Grin

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 21 March 2013 09:22 AM

I’m not sure if I’ve heard of Ghostly Desires before creating the quiz

Oh, I’m sure you should have.
First it featured in the best “guess the adventure” topic ever, and then it got honorary mention in the best AG topic ever.

diego - 21 March 2013 09:22 AM

I aimed to put some movie actors in quiz, so people can trace those games that way, too.

I wish I have heard of Dawn French before. Now I have her face stamped deeply on my memory for the rest of my life.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Good quiz Diego.

I actually make it I’ve got 13 but I’m not going to be losing sleep over 1 point Innocent

Out of the rest there was 1 I should have got (39). There are about 30 games there I’ve never heard of and of the rest I own 3 that I’ve never played. Unlike others I’m never going to hunt down what these might be (apart from Journeyman Project 3 of course Grin )  as I’ve neither the time nor the inclination but bloody well done to those that do. It’s really quite impressive.

Oh, and 68 is definitely from UAKM and not PD.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Well, this is embarrassing - I forgot to include The Journeyman Project 3 on 53 on your guesses! Shifty Eyed

Jabod - 21 March 2013 10:12 AM

It’s The Pandora Directive Wink but as I said, the stance and the outfit could easily be matched with UAKM.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Jabod - 21 March 2013 10:12 AM

Diego’s picture #68:

Screenshot from The Pandora Directive:

diego - 21 March 2013 10:21 AM

the stance and the outfit could easily be matched with UAKM.

Not quite: I haven’t played either of those games, but I’ve never seen a screenshot from Under a Killing Moon with Tex having his raincoat collar upturned (as shown above).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top