• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

the black mirror won’t play

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

i download the english nocd patch for black mirror how do i get it to work, i have the window 7, everytime i click the icon it tells me to reboot, i do and nothing, i cannot get pass starforce on window 7, but do not worry someother site is helping me, so go back to your party, i was stupid to ask for your help, this is the last time i will ask for help for this site, you guys do not know how to help, i have a legal copy the adventure company the black mirror i couldn’t play because of starforce, so thanks for nothing. Cool

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

you guys are the worst helpers, my black mirror game is still not able to play, and no one came to help. Cool

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Insulting people is the one sure way to guarantee no one cares about your problem. But no need to start another whole thread to do it.

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

you are right and sorry about that, i just am shock no one came to help me. Cool

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

you are right and sorry about that, i just am shock no one came to help me. Cool , and thank you very much jackal, someone gave me the old english no cd crack patch, i am just now learning how to use it, but not by someone here.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

I saw your posting but there’s a problem if you explain how to use a NoCD Patch.

Of course such an explanation would enable people with a legal CD version to play the game using Windows 7 (and Vista & 8 ). But at the same time this explanation also works for people who download an illegal copy of the CD version somewhere.  And I think that was the reason nobody answered.

The old copy protection is not the only possible problem with Black Mirror when using the latest Windows versions. At least the CD version of the game has some behaviors that can lead to certain problems.

1. It stores the savegame files into a subfolder of the game folder.
This can lead to conflicts with the UAC (user account control) of Windows Vista, 7 & 8 (depending on the UAC settings) if you install the game into a subfolder of the “C:\Program Files (x86)” or “C:\Program Files” folder. The tricky thing is that you don’t notice it at once. But it results into bugs like objects or characters not appearing when they are supposed to appear.
So if you’re using Windows Vista, 7 & 8 you shouldn’t install the game into a subfolder of the “C:\Program Files (x86)” or “C:\Program Files” folder. Instead you should install it into a folder like “C:\Games\BlackMirror”.

2. It uses a resolution of 800x600
The Windows 7 & 8 default video drivers (the ones that are installed when you Windows itself) doesn’t support this small resolution. So you have to download and install a current video driver package from your video card chipset maker (in most cases ATI/AMD, NVidia or Intel). Many modern displays (like flat TV’s or notebook displays) also can’t display the resolution 800x600. In this case you have to activate a fitting scaling option in the video driver settings:
- ATI/AMD driver options: My Digital Flat Panels / Properties / Enable GPU scaling on / Maintain aspect ratio on
- NVidia driver options: Display / Adjust desktop size and position / Scaling / Aspect ratio on

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

thank you very much, i t install great, i just cannot get pass starforce, it pop up tell me to reboot, i do and it pop up again, so people are saying get the patch to get pass starforce., but i will try that, i brought it from the adventure company, and i have window 7 home something. Cool, i cannot even put the indentifaction codes in saids is required for installation, which i have 3 on a card and the stragety guide.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

The possible problems and work-arounds I mentioned will only become usefull once you’ve found a way to get the game to run.

I’ve explained in my previous posting why we can’t explain how to use a NoCD Patch for a legal copy of the game (because it would explain how to use an illegal copy of the game at the same time).

The problem with the english CD version of the game is the Starforce copy protection. If you try to run the game and it doesn’t detect a certain Starforce driver running it doesn’t start but tries to install this driver. Afterwards it asks you to restart the game. The problem is that Windows 7 and up only accepts drivers with a certain signature. And since the Starforce driver lacks this signature Windows discards it. So this driver never gets loaded and so the game tries to install it again and again.

You’ve already found one possible solution but we can’t help you with it because of the mentioned reason.

Another solution might be a version of the game that doesn’t use the Starforce copy protection. I’ve heard that the GamersGate version doesn’t use the Starforce copy protection. I can’t confirm this since it’s only available in north america, but there are two user who mentioned using Windows 7 in the comments of the Black Mirror GamersGate page.

Sad thing is that for the german CD version of the game a patch that removed the Starforce copy protection has been released. But this was never the case for the english CD version nor does this german patch work for the english version.

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

thank you very much for explaining that. Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top