• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 8 March 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Erm, Laura, you should really investigate that laundry pile in the corner… Naughty

Today is Women’s Day and I really wanted to have a scene from The Colonel’s Bequest—partly because Laura’s awesome (especially when she goes on treasure hunts), but also because it’s a Roberta Williams game. Say what you will about Sierra or the Williamses, it can’t be denied that the company never shied away from giving women the opportunity to head their own projects and create their own games. It’s sad that, even after all these years, you’d be hard pressed to find another adventure company (or in any other genre, for that matter) with as many female designers as Sierra had. Meh

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I know they only had 16 colours to work with, but those are some fugly coloured graphics…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Not every project had equally good artists it seems. The quality of the graphics on projects from the same era seems to vary a lot from Sierra.

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I thought The Colonel’s Bequest had some of the best EGA graphics. Nice sound effects too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top