• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Someone that paid attention to Deponia 1 to explain the ending. (spoiler obviously)

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

Did he keep the backup which meant what? Did that mean Deponia would not be destroyed? I don’t get the connection. They probably explained it but it was a bit scrabbled.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

didnt rufus take that other guy Cletus role to make that happen,
anyways it not yet Solved at Deponia 2 so even if we missed the real reason Deponia Still threatened , especially when play Deponia 2 you will figure out that the story continues (starts)mins after were deponia1 had finished .

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

No I mean he did say something concerning the non-destruction and him still keeping the backup. Was it necessary for destruction codes or something (from the info already in the ending of deponia 1)? Or perhaps the ones he stranded may keep it from exploding, but it’s probably not that.

edit: Then again it could be <music> who cares, we get the plot going.. </music>

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

who cares

about the backup chip it is all whats Chaos on Deponia based on (retrieving)

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Ok, I finally got around to wrapping Deponia up and since I am not sure what Advie is trying to say, I will give explaining the ending a crack.

(the rest is one BIG SPOILER, read at your own peril)

The idea is that the non-backup consciousness of Goal (which Rufus gives to Cletus) knows that Deponia is inhabited, knows that Cletus is a traitor working with Organon’s Head Controller Ulysses, and opposes the destruction of (the supposedly uninhabited) Deponia. Cletus, when asking Rufus to give him the cartridge, is referring to the backup, which is clean and reverts Goal to her naive pre-Deponia state with no knowledge of what happened (after, as he says he plans to do, he erases her short-term memory which includes her rowing on the cable boat to Elysium and having Rufus explain to her why he is posing as Cletus). Presumably, erasing the short-term memory of the main cartridge does nothing to remove the crucial bits of information. When Cletus awakes Goal (video), she clearly baits him to reveal to her what he expects her to remember and then plays along. So, finally, when Rufus tells Captain Bozo that the fate of Deponia is not in his hands anymore he is referring to the fact that it all rests with Goal on Elysium, potentially trying to prevent Deponia’s destruction.

I haven’t played Chaos on Deponia so if anyone cares to correct my understanding of Deponia’s ending, I’d love to hear it!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top