• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?

Poll: Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?
Total Votes: 67
Gabriel Knight 4
Monkey Island 6
Grim Fandango 2
King’s Quest 9
Myst 6
Day of the Tentacle 2 (Maniac Mansion 3)
Discworld 4
The Last Express 2
New Zork game
New Indiana Jones game
Screw you and Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That’s why almost everybody suggest that a sequel to Grim Fandango should be an entirely new story with new characters, just within the same universe…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Gabe - 07 March 2013 03:55 PM

Some works not meant to be sequele i believe, like movies are better without sequels eg. E.T. or Fugitive.. when characters achieves his/her lifetime goal i cant see how story keep continue meaningful,i refer Grim fandango here(same goes with Syberia)just leave it as it is.

I couldn’t agree more.

The story in both Grim Fandango and Syberia, was concluded and there is nothing you can add to the stories. Also the universe created for both GF and Syberia seems to be very tailor made for that specific story, and doesn’t naturally encourage other stories. It can be done of course, they just don’t scream for more stories, like the TLJ universe.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Iznogood - 07 March 2013 04:29 PM

Some works not meant to be sequele i believe, like movies are better without sequels eg. E.T. or Fugitive.. when characters achieves his/her lifetime goal i cant see how story keep continue meaningful,i refer Grim fandango here(same goes with Syberia)just leave it as it is.

I couldn’t agree more.

The story in both Grim Fandango and Syberia, was concluded and there is nothing you can add to the stories. Also the universe created for both GF and Syberia seems to be very tailor made for that specific story, and doesn’t naturally encourage other stories. It can be done of course, they just don’t scream for more stories, like the TLJ universe.

I agree. Same could be said for Myst. “End of Ages” doesn’t really suggest a sequel is forthcoming…

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I couldn’t agree more.

Yum

I disagree that other stories couldn’t be told in GF universe. It doesn’t have to be from the perspective of a death agent. We could follow the journey of one of the many characters we met in GF…or we could follow someone new’s journey to their ultimate destination. They could even run into Manny along the way.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Zifnab - 07 March 2013 04:45 PM

I couldn’t agree more.

I agree. Same could be said for Myst. “End of Ages” doesn’t really suggest a sequel is forthcoming…

I disagree with all of you!  Smile
GF offers a great universe, with many new perspectives to be explored, new characters, new places, etc much like the real world (not to mention Glottis Wink ). Do you imagine yourself exploring the place where all the Land of the Dead Demons are born?
The new Syberia is still on work. Would it be about Kate returning home? We shall see…
As for the Myst series, no one said it should be a continuation from the point where End of Ages ended. It could also be a story whose timeline is between two existing part of the series (like a story between Myst III & IV or between Riven & Myst III).

CoyoteAG - 07 March 2013 10:39 PM

I disagree that other stories couldn’t be told in GF universe. It doesn’t have to be from the perspective of a death agent. We could follow the journey of one of the many characters we met in GF…or we could follow someone new’s journey to their ultimate destination. They could even run into Manny along the way.

Exactly that!

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

here’s some Grim Fandango fan art. It is a great game, but I voted for GK4.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-01-31

PM

Toonstruck 2 - mainly because this game already exists (graphics, voices etc.) and it should be released fifteen years ago.

Insecticide 2 (pure adventure!) - because the original Insecticide is one of the most underrated games of all time (probably because of those unnecessary and rather average action parts).

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Dunno who has the rights now, but I’d really like to see another Discworld set in the Noir world again.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 08 March 2013 11:47 AM

Dunno who has the rights now, but I’d really like to see another Discworld set in the Noir world again.

Hopefully, Pratchett himself… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

Dertiger - 05 March 2013 11:59 AM
Manuel - 05 March 2013 08:04 AM

Yes and I would also like to see a new Sanitarium game, that game was something special.

When Sanitarium first came out, a friend gave it to me, and I remember thinking this probably is a sick game that I would never like…
Well, so many years have passed and I still think this was one of the best games I have played.
I wonder what happened to the team that made this game… Anybody knows?

Sorry for the very late reply, but I just discovered this forum.

Many team members went to work on franchises like Diablo and Halo. Many left the game industry to go to other careers (photography, management, road work. ) And we lost a few over the years to illness Frown

No full design ever game from Sanitarium 2, though Nicholson mentioned that it would take place with Max exploring the dream world as a form of therapy, since his visions were so vivid there.

Click here to support the best independent developer mentioned in this signature footer:
http://www.shadesofsanity.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sword-Spirit-Software-LLC/346697060329

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If I Made Another Monkey Island…

I knew Ron Gilbert is great, but this is exactly kind of Kickstarter attitude I’d like to see:

“If I used Kickstarter, there would be no fancy videos of me trying to look charming (as if I could). No concept art or lofty promises or crazy stretch goals or ridiculous reward tiers. It would be raw and honest. It would be free of hype and distractions that keep me from making the best game I could. True, I wouldn’t raise huge sums of money or break any records, but that’s not what I want to do. I want to make a game.”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Sukiya.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I kind of feel like Kickstarter has made all my dreams come true already. I was just waiting for The Neverhood to get a sequel or pseudo-sequel, and not that that’s confirmed to be in the works, I feel like all my dreams have come true.

If you asked me a year ago to put together my dream adventure game lineup, it probably would have been:

Tex Murphy 6
Space Quest 7
Leisure Suit Larry 8
Neverhood 2 (or 3)
An original Tim Schafer adventure
A new Sam and Max written by Steve Purcell.

Now not all of that panned out exactly, but honestly, we came pretty close, except for the last one, which is just a crackpot fantasy. And then stuff like Dreamfall and Broken Sword that wasn’t on my list is just gravy.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I love murder mystery games. I would love to see a murder mystery whodunit comedy (like maybe a modernized Clue or something like the “Who Shot Mr Burns” Simpsons episode) or a new Laura Bow game.

I’d also like to see a game combining characters from many different classic computer game franchises… sort of like how “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” did it with animated characters. But that one wouldn’t be a mystery… Just something more Kingdom Hearts-ish.

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

RobSeres - 15 April 2013 03:19 PM
Dertiger - 05 March 2013 11:59 AM
Manuel - 05 March 2013 08:04 AM

Yes and I would also like to see a new Sanitarium game, that game was something special.

When Sanitarium first came out, a friend gave it to me, and I remember thinking this probably is a sick game that I would never like…
Well, so many years have passed and I still think this was one of the best games I have played.
I wonder what happened to the team that made this game… Anybody knows?

Sorry for the very late reply, but I just discovered this forum.

Many team members went to work on franchises like Diablo and Halo. Many left the game industry to go to other careers (photography, management, road work. ) And we lost a few over the years to illness Frown

No full design ever game from Sanitarium 2, though Nicholson mentioned that it would take place with Max exploring the dream world as a form of therapy, since his visions were so vivid there.

Thanks so much for replying to this and welcome to the forum!! Smile
Sanitarium is for me one of the top adventure games, the dialogues, the story, the characters, how the plot develops, the ending, I loved the whole package…it is sad that the team didn’t stick together, they could really have developed interesting adventure games for us to play.  Neutral

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top