• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?

Poll: Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?
Total Votes: 67
Gabriel Knight 4
Monkey Island 6
Grim Fandango 2
King’s Quest 9
Myst 6
Day of the Tentacle 2 (Maniac Mansion 3)
Discworld 4
The Last Express 2
New Zork game
New Indiana Jones game
Screw you and Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I voted GK4, but I’d really like a new Discworld or Journeyman Project too. I’m enjoying Callahans so much, a sequel to that would be great too!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

GK4 and something from Roberta Williams… and new 2D Indiana Jones adventure.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Grim Fandango 2, but with new characters and a new story.
I would also be interested in Myst 6 if it’s related to Riven and has perfect graphisms.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

GK 4 !!! Laughing
(to tie up the loose ends)
If it’s a worthy sequel then yes, si, ja, and qui !!!  Tongue if not, I would even like a GK 4 book by Jane Jensen instead of a bad game.
I’ve read GK 2 after playing the game and it was like a bunch of in-game great easter eggs for me, Laughing (because of the differences especially those in the last chapters, like the fear Gabriel had seeing himself locked up in the dungeon, the fact that Gabriel gets back at Schloss Ritter, If I remember right he even gets to read the letter; the argue between Gabriel and Grace, the fact that the last scenes where at Schloss Ritter, not on the bridge like the game, and so on…) )

And a Discworld 4 ( only if 2d and with Rincewind as main character ) Tongue

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

kate me - 06 March 2013 02:16 PM

And a Discworld 4 ( only if 2d and with Rincewind as main character ) Tongue

I voted for Discworld 4 and whilst I wouldn’t complain about the above (and definitely 2D!) I think there is a great game to be created around Susan Sto Helit. The fun you could have with her, her grandad, the Death of Ratts and the Raven! Sheer magic Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’d ratehr have something original.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I was torn between GK4 and Grim Fandango 2 but I went with Grim Fandango 2 because a sequel has never been done. I agree with the person above who said that it should be a different character/story but set in the same world (with the same epicness, of course!).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Which of those do you think it would raise more money in kickstarter?

I’d say Monkey Island 6 or DotT 2 if Tim and Ron were involved but a new Myst would probably get a lot of money with the brand only.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 06 March 2013 06:58 PM

Which of those do you think it would raise more money in kickstarter?

I’d say Monkey Island 6 or DotT 2 if Tim and Ron were involved but a new Myst would probably get a lot of money with the brand only.

thats a tough one…. id probably narrow it down to, myst, monkey island, KQ or grim fandango (or potentially anything led by schafer).
I dont think theres any doubt myst is the game in this list that has reached the largest audience.. but would be interesting to see if the enthusiasm is also still there.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Grim Fandango 2!

And Lucasarts should really continue to remake their classic adventures. MI1/2 remake has been good success/profit for them i believe.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Wait…at least 11 people like the Myst series? That baffles me. Tongue

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

A.A - 07 March 2013 02:57 AM

Wait…at least 11 people like the Myst series? That baffles me. Tongue

Is this sarcasm? I don’t get it.
We Myst (not to say Riven) fans are counted to millions… Naughty

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Interesting results so far, let me comment on each of the games:

GK4 (13 votes) - Not much of a surprise. And I guess we can almost smell new Gabe’s adventure with Pinkerton Road/Moebius campaign and all that. Now, I’ve never played GK3 but these votes tell me either the game didn’t give some answers, or there’s a clear space for a story continuation.

Monkey Island 6 (1 vote) - surprising (?) results. I guess either Telltale, LucasArts or Disney effectively killed the series. I don’t think Tales of Monkey Island is a bad game, but perhaps it went over the line with some dramatic elements and character development not really typical for the series?

Grim Fandango 2 (6 votes) - I expected more votes, but I guess the original is not that well-suited for a typical sequel.

King’s Quest 9 (2 votes) - Low counts is probably because of The Silver Lining and the fact that Roberta Williams is keeping quiet. Right?

Myst 6 (11 votes) - biggest surprise (?). I’m glad, even though I’ve always preferred 3rd-person games - not only because of the lack of 1st-persons (even that can be argued looking at the number of announced 1st-person titles), but because Myst = puzzle, and it’s on completely opposite side of the latest resurgence of interest in interactive movies, which means more diversity.

Day of the Tentacle 2 (2 votes) - I think the main reason for a low count is because Day of the Tentacle doesn’t really scream - sequel!, and it would take a hell of a designing team to match it.

Discworld 4 (6 votes) - pleasant surprise - I guess many people enjoy Discworld books as well which could boost the potential campaign.

The Last Express 2 (7 votes) - Slightly surprising high count, only because the original is a well-rounded game. But I guess its concept is still so unique, that perhaps only Mechner can give us more of it.

New Zork game (3 votes) - Slightly low count, probably because the Zork universe is already so rich with many games.

New Indiana Jones game (2 votes) - perhaps action/adventures sequels contributed to low interest of more Indy adventure games.

Screw you and Kickstarter (2 votes) - Rascals!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

diego - 07 March 2013 07:39 AM

Myst 6 (11 votes) - biggest surprise (?). I’m glad, even though I’ve always preferred 3rd-person games - not only because of the lack of 1st-persons (even that can be argued looking at the number of announced 1st-person titles), but because Myst = puzzle, and it’s on completely opposite side of the latest resurgence of interest in interactive movies, which means more diversity.

All the games look great, but here’s Vote #12 for Myst because we’ve had a lot of good 3rd person games recently while good 1st person puzzlers are a lot harder to find. I like variety.

Day of the Tentacle 2 (2 votes) - I think the main reason for a low count is because Day of the Tentacle doesn’t really scream - sequel!, and it would take a hell of a designing team to match it.

Yup. Day of the Tentacle is my favorite comedy-style game. But getting together a team that could match the original would be difficult.

New Zork game (3 votes) - Slightly low count, probably because the Zork universe is already so rich with many games.

Also because the three graphical Zorks are so different. You don’t know what you’d be getting.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Some works not meant to be sequele i believe, like movies are better without sequels eg. E.T. or Fugitive.. when characters achieves his/her lifetime goal i cant see how story keep continue meaningful,i refer Grim fandango here(same goes with Syberia)just leave it as it is.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top