• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?

Poll: Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?
Total Votes: 67
Gabriel Knight 4
Monkey Island 6
Grim Fandango 2
King’s Quest 9
Myst 6
Day of the Tentacle 2 (Maniac Mansion 3)
Discworld 4
The Last Express 2
New Zork game
New Indiana Jones game
Screw you and Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

TimovieMan - 05 March 2013 11:53 AM

- Loom 2 and 3 - it was meant to be a trilogy from the get-go. I’d like to see how the story continues…

That’s a good one - I’d even settle for http://forgegame.com/ to get one so I could get a nice boxed version.

Seeing that list of ‘unfinished’ sequels reminds me that Culpa Innata was one of my favourites of the past decade and I would love to see more from that universe.  As much as I may have enjoyed Indy/Monkey/KQ and a bunch of the others, they wouldn’t be the same without the same creative teams.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-04-28

PM

Hey! Slightly off topic but reading an earlier comment about Monkey Island not translating well to 3d got me wondering why people did not like Escape From Monkey Island. I really enjoyed it. Seems like I may be in the minority though?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Had to choose the single game I’d love to see most: GK4

But I’d be down with any of these games.

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-05

PM

Jannik - 05 March 2013 12:11 PM

The Last Express 2. Not a straight-up sequel, but a spiritual successor. It should be a pseudo real-time adventure game set in a “mini sandbox” like TLE, but this time in a totally different location with a new story and a new, or mostly new, cast.

A large ship as a setting could probably work, just try to make it an unusual ship - ships as game settings tend to be boring after 30 minutes if too traditional. As do real life ships Tongue

Last Express 2 would get my vote too. Didn’t the ending to Last Express directly imply that he was about to board a cruise liner? I assumed that was done half as a joke, half as a possibility for a sequel.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Cruise liner?? Please tell us more. It was implied (conversation with Kronos, mysterious dream) that Robert Cath would go to Israel, to look for the “thirteenth tribe”. And Anna never got a chance to tell him where she had seen a ring like that before.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv got mixed feelings about kickstarting most of these. Not because i dont want to see new games… but because im not sure they could be made well enough on the 400k budget that they’d barely pull in. Once i see great complete games from groups like jane and the space guys, I might feel differently about this.

Joined 2013-03-05

PM

Fien - 05 March 2013 01:38 PM

Cruise liner?? Please tell us more. It was implied (conversation with Kronos, mysterious dream) that Robert Cath would go to Israel, to look for the “thirteenth tribe”. And Anna never got a chance to tell him where she had seen a ring like that before.

Oh maybe I’m completely misremembering. I haven’t played it for a long time.

Perhaps I thought that was the natural way to get from Istanbul to Israel? Didn’t all the cruise ships dock in Beirut and all along that coast back then?

Joined 2013-03-05

PM

Ah, it looks like there was a mention of getting a boat to Jerusalem in the ending, but not what sort. I obviously squirrelled that away in my mind and invented a whole new game out of it!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vogon Poet - 05 March 2013 12:22 PM

Hey! Slightly off topic but reading an earlier comment about Monkey Island not translating well to 3d got me wondering why people did not like Escape From Monkey Island. I really enjoyed it. Seems like I may be in the minority though?

You may be in the minority, but you’re not alone. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Definitely s new Discworld. Such a rich world with many possibilities.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I voted for a new Zork game, but any on the list would be good.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

What i would really like to see turn up at kickstarter is Culpa Innata II: Chaos Rising

Culpa Innata was really a great but also underrated game.

Given the options available in the poll, i was torn between Diskworld and the last option.
Diskworld because i’m a big diskworld fan.
The last option because it is there, and well - because my mouse just automatically and mystically kept being dragged towards it.

I will leave it up to your imagination which one i actually clicked on Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I voted for Maniac Mansion 3, provided it could be done by Schafer and Gilbert at Double Fine. But I’d probably prefer to see Gilbert’s Monkey Island 3a: The Secret Revealed or Your Money Back.

Oscar - 05 March 2013 07:44 AM

As for designers I would like to see back: Douglas Adams…

Unfortunately, that would take a miracle.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Oscar - 05 March 2013 07:44 AM

Kickstarters I would pledge for:
-Sanitarium II
-Keepsake II
-Loom II
-Yoomurjak’s Ring II
-Safecracker 2
-New Goblins (really enjoyed G4)
-Rhem 5
-A new, better sequel to The Experiment. The idea was really good but the game had problems.

As for designers I would like to see back: Douglas Adams, Dave Lebling, Brian Moriarty, Graham Nelson, lords of text adventure. They could collaborate to create one hell of a game. Or maybe IF is better with only one writer? Hmm.

Amen for Yoomurjak’s Ring 2!!!! Smile That would be awesome. I really liked that game. Too bad it does not receive enough love from other Adventure Gamers.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

TimovieMan - 05 March 2013 11:53 AM

- Indiana Jones and Frank Darabont’s Script - I wish that Disney would contact Frank Darabont to get the script for Indiana Jones 4 that he wrote (the one George Lucas didn’t like despite Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg being ecstatic). I’m positive that it would make a killer adventure game. Unless they turn it into a movie (and pretend that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn’t exist) of course.
And yes, I realize that a movie is the most likely medium in which this could see the light of day…
I don’t care, I want to see what Darabont’s take on Indy was… Grin

Actually, the Indiana Jones thing shouldn’t be a Kickstarter (even though I voted for it in the poll). The license lies with Disney now, and they have money to boot. They can fund it themselves… Tongue

I also voted for Indiana Jones. Smile Even though I know it is like you said above. Would be so cool with a new Indy game in 2D.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top