• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2022

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Any news?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I haven’t heard anything about them.

You can read into what that might mean.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Return to Monkey Island won [insert category here].

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Dale - 03 February 2023 08:01 AM

I haven’t heard anything about them.

You can read into what that might mean.

well that answer is certainly oblique, but don’t mind if i do.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It really doesn’t take much thought. One person was in charge of organizing the AGGIES in the past, and that person, for whatever reasons, is no longer with the AG organization. So that’s a problem. But it’s still doable on one level, which is to simply use the award categories that were used before. Best Game. Best Art. Best Story. Et. al.

But that only solves maybe 10% of the problem. In the past Staff nominated games in each category and submitted them to us for a vote. We voted, but at the same time Staff voted its choice. So, in the end, when the results were tallied, we got two list. Only one of which really counted. We got the Staff results for all the “Best of” categories. Followed by the member votes for same.

My guess is there is not currently enough Staff to do the initial leg work.

So why not just throw it open to the masses to nominate and vote on games? Good thought. But, again, I don’t think there is enough Staff with Excel chops to do the grunt work.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 03 February 2023 07:11 PM

It really doesn’t take much thought. One person was in charge of organizing the AGGIES in the past, and that person, for whatever reasons, is no longer with the AG organization.

We’ll have to live with the fact that there will be no more Aggies.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

It really doesn’t take much thought. One person was in charge of organizing the AGGIES in the past, and that person, for whatever reasons, is no longer with the AG organization. So that’s a problem. But it’s still doable on one level, which is to simply use the award categories that were used before. Best Game. Best Art. Best Story. Et. al.

But that only solves maybe 10% of the problem. In the past Staff nominated games in each category and submitted them to us for a vote. We voted, but at the same time Staff voted its choice. So, in the end, when the results were tallied, we got two list. Only one of which really counted. We got the Staff results for all the “Best of” categories. Followed by the member votes for same.

So why not just throw it open to the masses to nominate and vote on games? Good thought. But, again, I don’t think there is enough Staff with Excel chops to do the grunt work.

Why does it need to be staff?

AKA Charo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Charophycean - 03 February 2023 09:16 PM

Why does it need to be staff?

Everybody could vote for the Aggies because they were posted on AG’s front page. It was never only for the forums. So yes, it has to be organized and counted by staff members.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I see. That also means it would be easy to cheat. All you’d need is a different VPN for each vote and some free time and presto, your favorite game wins the vote.

Not that any forum members here would sink that low of course.

AKA Charo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I vaguely remember this has been discussed before. I think Jackal posted about it as well. To the best of my knowledge, it wasn’t a problem.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have to agree with Zobraks and Diego that I love the avatar. Although I must say when I first saw it in your response to the “leader is no longer here” post, all I saw was this screaming person. And I thought this can’t be good. Now it looks like a rock and roll goddess belting out her song into a just-offscreen microphone.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 04 February 2023 08:48 PM

I have to agree with Zobraks and Diego that I love the avatar. Although I must say when I first saw it in your response to the “leader is no longer here” post, all I saw was this screaming person. And I thought this can’t be good. Now it looks like a rock and roll goddess belting out her song into a just-offscreen microphone.

Cool

What do you [edit: think]she’s singing?

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Karlok - 05 February 2023 09:28 AM

What do you she’s singing?

Silence Is Golden?  Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 04 February 2023 08:48 PM

Cool

Don’t Speak

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jabod - 05 February 2023 09:38 AM

Silence Is Golden?  Grin

walas74 - 05 February 2023 10:04 AM

Don’t Speak

LOL!

Not a chance.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Karlok - 05 February 2023 10:10 AM
Jabod - 05 February 2023 09:38 AM

Silence Is Golden?  Grin

walas74 - 05 February 2023 10:04 AM

Don’t Speak

LOL!

Not a chance.

I was going to suggest The Sound Of Silence or even Hush but I think this is much more likely (linked as I doubt that you know the band, let alone the track):

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top