• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #76 - The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Installation is simple. I recommend running the configuration tool first. You should be able to run the game fullscreen.
I have OpenGL, the highest resolution that the game offers, and it runs perfectly:
Adventus
Episcor

The game is divided into four chapters:
The start
Adventus
Episcor
Incantamentum

I suggest we play one chapter each week.

I think it is doable to play the first chapter before the end of next Wednesday: it is the shortest.

If this is the first time you play it, don’t use the commentory. They give away too much of the game (they will warn you for that if you choose to listen to it anyway).

So: happy playtime!

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

And my first observation:
Everything of this game tells you that it is made with love and care. Every detail has been given attention.

The voices are superb (I tend to hate voices because it is too slow; here, I enjoy listening to them). The music fits perfectly. The graphics, the story, everything.

A small village in Yorkshire (I have been there) is captured exactly how it is.

I am very curious how you experience it.

Total Posts: 1641

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

sylv - 01 January 2023 02:18 AM

And my first observation:
Everything of this game tells you that it is made with love and care. Every detail has been given attention.

The voices are superb (I tend to hate voices because it is too slow; here, I enjoy listening to them). The music fits perfectly. The graphics, the story, everything.

A small village in Yorkshire (I have been there) is captured exactly how it is.

I am very curious how you experience it.

Agree with you on the voice work. Especially the main protagonist, I think she’s great. my only problem is the children voices are not the greatest to me.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Happy New Year everyone! Missed the voting, glad Hob’s won, hopefully I will be able to play the game.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Doom & yes, happy new year everyone! Due to a change in plans I’m ready to join in with the playthrough sooner than expected. Thank you sylv for taking the reins as leader!

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

Happy New Year to everybody!

Game installed and working fine. I will try to play first chapter by Wednesday.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Happy new year everyone.

The game is not installed, and as mentioned earlier I will not be able to start until sometime a week from tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

sylv - 01 January 2023 02:16 AM

I think it is doable to play the first chapter before the end of next Wednesday: it is the shortest.

I hope you mean Wednesday the 11th and not Wednesday the 4th. I would hate being behind by more than a week before I even start the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, being the game quite short, I guess there no need to rush…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

rtrooney - 01 January 2023 03:18 PM

I hope you mean Wednesday the 11th and not Wednesday the 4th. I would hate being behind by more than a week before I even start the game.

Wednesday the eleventh will be the target then!

It is really a game to enjoy: slow playing does not harm :-)

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

sylv - 02 January 2023 07:12 AM
rtrooney - 01 January 2023 03:18 PM

Wednesday the eleventh will be the target then!

It is really a game to enjoy: slow playing does not harm :-)

The game is fun but very easy. The first chapter is so short I would imagine most people will beat it within a day or two

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 02 January 2023 11:49 AM

The game is fun but very easy. The first chapter is so short I would imagine most people will beat it within a day or two

My point exactly. If you finish the first chapter on the 4th and start the second chapter with the 11th as its deadline, I’m behind a week before I start on the 9th.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

rtrooney - 02 January 2023 06:31 PM

My point exactly. If you finish the first chapter on the 4th and start the second chapter with the 11th as its deadline, I’m behind a week before I start on the 9th.

Ok and i would say catch up when you can, but im not leading so that is not up to me.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I finished the first chapter (the one before the “The First Day Adventus”). It was indeed short and easy, and also very linear — Thomasina refused to go anywhere/explore anything that wasn’t her current goal. And all her current goals were somehow connected to one annoying wino she just met: first we punch him in the face, then use our last money to buy him a drink and then go on a lavatory quest in search of him.

Not much story so far. The game looks rather cute in its pixel presentation — I especially liked the use of colours and moving panoramas. It has those old horror vibes here and there, but also in a cute way. All those unfriendly locals felt more comical than threatening, there’s a smiling deer head on the wall, and the cat that was meant to scare us to death during the night dream was anything but scary. Those cartoon cutscenes are actually very nicely done and add certain style to the whole thing.

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

That is right, but we will gently wait for Tim (I hope I remembered well that that is rtrooney’s name…)

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sorry, but I’m not waiting for Tim. I will have little time for games after January 10, so I’m sticking to the original plan, playing 1 chapter per 2-3 days. Already started Adventus since the intro was so short.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top